CHAPTER 37

Chapter Thirty-seven

"Bella, is everything ready?" I asked my secretary, referring to the contracts and any necessary papers needed for later.

Agad-agad ko siyang tinawag papasok kanina nang magtangka siyang lumabas dahil akala ata ay nagdadasal ako.

"Yes, Ma'am," mahinhin niyang ani. Direkta ang kanyang mga matang nakatingin sa akin, tila may nais sabihin ngunit mukhang nag-aalinlangan.

Well, I wouldn't deny that I was a kind of harsh to my co-workers when I'm stressed out or when they're disturbing me, but I reached out to them in the best possible that I can. I believe that's how a leader works, and I'm still learning and eager to grow with them especially now that this company is really under my name already. Those oldies weren't lying.

"What?" I raised my brows at her, not the strict but the acknowledging kind of raising eyebrows, well, if that makes sense.

She startled a bit but immediately composed herself. She gaped at me with her delightful eyes, like she's admiring a sight in front of her.

"Ah, I just feel so proud of you Ma'am. I witnessed your dedication since day one. Even there are goliaths of competitors as our threats in the market, you didn't hesitate to take a risk with determination. You did everything to save this company from drowning. Oh God, after a week without your presence here, you came back with a new title. CEO," Bella stated, she even clapped saying her last word.

I was speechless. I just gawked at her, extremely surprised by what she said. I guess I was really that workaholic and now it finally paid off.

The netizens were flocking on the Internet after we launched news that writers from Fantasia Web are going to be under our company. Yes, writers with S. It's not just Miss Raconteur alone, but also some of the famous yet anonymous writers in Fantasia Web are going to sign up in our company.

Madam Belen must have felt bad for me, maybe that's why she's giving me triple fold, far from our deal which was Miss Raconteur only.

I sighed heavily, remembering what I went through just to reach this milestone. Of all those things, what really lingered in my mind were my bittersweet memories with Benjamin and how I sacrificed my love for him just to get back here.

I shook my head and chuckle. Damn, he's fictional, of course, I shouldn't choose him.

Bumigat lalo ang aking dibdib sa naisip. Bunga lamang siya ng imahinasyon ngunit katotohanan ang naramdaman kong sakit ngayon.

"Ah, I apologize for being so cheesy, Ma'am. I will not do it again." Bella sounded offended but I just laughed awkwardly when I realized she got the wrong interpretation.

"Oh, no. Sorry for spacing out but I clearly heard what you said. I just don't know how to express my sincere gratitude, but thank you so much, Bella." I smiled and held her hand.

She blinked twice and bowed her head with respect.

"Your efforts reflect in the workplace, Ma'am. Thank you for saving us. If not for you, wala na po kaming trabaho." She smiled back with tears in her eyes.

I also got teary-eyed but I controlled myself. I just recalled in mind what she said earlier but I got stuck on one thing.

"Wait, did you just say na one week lang akong nawala rito?" I clarified.

"Opo, Ma'am. We really thought you already ditched us just like what Mr. Clark did, but it turns out we're wrong. Mr. Clark came back here and announced that he's turning over his shares to your name. And then a the day after, he informed us that you're now the new CEO of Book Pal Publishing Company," she said.