EPILOGUE

Epilogue

"What the heck!" Muntik nang tumakas ang kaluluwa mula sa katawan ko.

I just closed the door of my restroom and when I turned to face the mirror, Madam Belen's nonchalant stare welcomed me. My terror voice echoed throughout the room. Nasagi ko pa ang mga bote ng skincare products nang mapaatras ako.

She appears once in a blue moon. The last time I saw her was a year ago. Bakit wala man lang siyang pasabi? This time is so random. I am at peace in everything, may sasabihin ba siyang mahalaga sa akin? As I inferred, she would only show herself if she has an important thing to encapsulate in me.

Seconds later, a knock resounded on the door coming from Zion.

"Are you okay? What happened? Why the hell did you lock the door?" sunod-sunod na tanong niya mula sa labas.

Napasulyap ako sa doorknob at nakitang hindi naman ito locked. I guessed Madam Belen did something again.

"I'm fine! May nasagi lang ako," sagot ko, ang mga mata ay tutok na ngayon kay Madam Belen.

"Really?" paninigurado ni Zion. I repeated my response until he was convinced to go back to his business.

"Aww, so sweet!" Madam Belen said and let out a gurgle of laughter. As I scrutinized her face, I noticed that she looks younger than the last time. Does she use any product or it's just her magical aptness?

"Saan po kayo galing?" I commenced, curious of where she has been all this time.

"I never saw you for a year, Madam Belen? What were you up to?" I asked again.

Like the last incident, she climbed out from the mirror again and she's now sitting pretty on the small sink. She opened some of my cream and shampoo products and began sniffing their scent.

"I have been granting wishes, dear," she answered, still smelling the sweet aroma coming from the beauty products.

Napangiti ako sa sagot niya. Some people out there are also in a state of exhilaration like me. We all thought that we would forever be imprisoned in our hopeless cases and those mind-boggling miracles like what Madam Belen did would only be left as a 'miracle'. Impossible. Yet not.

Humakbang ako palapit sa kanya at hinawakan ang kabila niyang kamay. She averted her confused eyes to me and finally let go of the cream she was holding.

"Why?" She was dazzled. I smiled at her before I tugged her close for an embrace.

"Thank you so much, Madam Belen," I whispered with all the sincerity. It's all because of her why I and Zion are genuinely happy now.

Our relationship is getting stronger, mature, and robust day by day. We do have arguments but we never had any serious fights, perhaps because we understand and listen to each other. We make sure to talk things out and I love every single word that spills out from his mouth. Nevertheless, our silence was discernable too. We only not pay attention to each other when talking but also to our silence. It's like we can hear something only our hearts can evoke.

He's still up to surprises until now—not those grandiose or extravagant things but those that apt me to learn more about him.

And the more I know Zion and learn something from him every day, the more I admire and love him.