CHAPTER 43

Chapter Forty-three

"So, matagal mo na akong kilala?" kuryosong tanong ko kay Zion, my eyes squinted at him as his gaze still darted at my car's tire.

It was baffling and kind of strange because I didn't notice any hint of recognition in his eyes when I saw him on that bar that night. Eyes don't lie but what he just revealed to me was somehow contradicting. But since I remembered what he's talking about--- regarding that incident where he helped me fix my car without me knowing that it was him, it just signified that he was telling the truth.

Pero yung kay Benjamin... some of their statements had parallelism. Was it just coincidence? Benjamin also helped a girl, and that girl didn't even throw a glance at him, exactly what I did to Zion. 

How shamed of me to think before that the presence of Benjamin wouldn't go unnoticed. Goodness! Ginawa ko rin naman kay Zion 'yun. Matagal ko na sanang nakita ang kamukha ni Benjamin.

"Do you have a spare tire?" Zion asked, refusing to acknowledge my question which made me frowned. He was the one who opened up that topic!

"Ah, in the back, I think," I answered with uncertainty. My questioning eyes were still glued at him, hoping he would answer my question.

He trudged his way toward the back of my car and opened its back compartment. I just stomped my foot and leaned my back on my car's door, waiting what he would do next. Seconds later, I heard his footsteps going back to where he was standing earlier.

I quickly glanced at him but my eyes immediately turned back at him when I noticed that he dropped off the spare tire on the ground while being topless, his shirt was now hanging on his left shoulder.

Damn, his lean arm muscles looked so sinful it made my widening eyes diverted away. In my side vision, I saw him walking to his car. I simply glanced back at him and noticed he was getting something inside his car.

Habang nakatalikod siya sa akin, hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili na suriin ang kanyang likuran. I couldn't help but get awestruck by how his back muscles flexed when he lifted something.

Dala-dala ang tool box, tumalikod na siya at naglakad pabalik habang ang tingin ay tutok na tutok sa akin. I didn't know how to return his intense gaze so I just frowned at him but deep inside I was already struggling how to fight this urge to survey my eyes down to his torso. I swallowed heavily and just forced my helpless brain to think of something to say but nothing came off.

I almost worshiped my phone when it rang! Without further ado, I answered it after reading Ryan's name registered on the phone.

"Hello, Ryan. How's the preparation?" I asked with high pitched tone--- it was probably due to relief that Ryan saved me from total awkwardness.

"Where are you? Any moment from now ay magsisimula na kami. Nandito na nga kaming apat sa stalls namin. Ang ibang writers ay handa na sa kanilang mga tables," imporma niya.

"Oh, that's good! And don't be bothered, my presence is not even important on that event. Pupunta rin ako," I responded, trying to focus but my mind was heavily clouded by Zion's presence at the back.

"You sounded weird, is everything okay on your way?" he asked.

I bit my lip, unable to answer. Gladly, I suddenly heard Bella on the background. She was complaining to Ryan, suspecting that my line is currently busy because of him. I heard Ryan's laugh and later a loud voice from Bella startled me.