CHAPTER 49

Chapter Forty-nine

"Bakit ngayon lang po kayo nagpakita?" I asked Madam Belen, my voice was etched with solace, so did my eyes which were staring at her in disbelief.

She should have aged for a bit but it turned out the opposite. She seems younger now which only made me wonder. Parang mas bumata siya ng ilang taon. Paano naman kaya nangyari 'yun?

"Well, I was granting deeply desired wishes for the last two years," she responded as she pulled herself up to sit on the sink. She crossed her legs as she flipped her silky hair backward.

Deeply desired wish? Just like exactly what she did to me on my birthday?

So, that's her job? Or rather a role? Because I bet, she's not an ordinary person.

"And now I'm here to give you a clarity of mind. Are you ready?" She asked with a mischievous grin creeping on her lips.

"What do you mean?" My brows narrowed, grasping what she meant by the 'clarity of mind' thing. I suddenly remembered that Madam Belen spoke to me in my mind and realization hit me. She might now give me answers to the questions that have been lurking in my mind.

"Watch out," Madam Belen said and to my surprise, the mirror behind her immediately turned black when she snapped her fingers. I couldn't see any reflection in the mirror anymore. What had just happened?

After a while, I inwardly flinched when the mirror suddenly lit up, showing me different people enjoying in a dark place which looks like a bar filled with loud noise and wild people. What the!

Did Madam Belen just turn the mirror into a television?

"What did you do?" I asked but Madam Belen just stayed silent, her gaze was directed at the mirror--- or tv, whatever. Without a choice, I also did the same.

Agad na nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang makita si Zion doon! He was a bit younger there so I guess this happened years ago.

He seemed already wasted but he still kept drinking alcohol straight from the bottle. He even looked angry and monstrous. Despite the dim lights, I could see fresh bruises in his face.

The sight tightened my heart, but it got worse when I saw a woman sat close beside him. Parang mahihiya ang hangin na dumaan sa gitna nilang dalawa. They were intimately close!

Hindi na ako nagulat nang makilala ang babae. It's Loreen and she was wearing a sexy deep V-neck dress that exposed her starving cleavage. She folded her leg over Zion's leg, showing her toned long leg that was sexily emphasized by her killer heels.

Umiwas ako ng tingin. The view was a parasite to my eyes.

Even though this was already Zion's past, I still couldn't help but feel jealous.

Makalipas ang ilang segundo, naintriga na ako sa kung anong susunod nilang gawin kaya kahit mabigat sa loob, muli kong ibinalik ang tingin sa dating salamin.

A smirk crept in my lips when I saw Zion pushed Loreen away. She seemed offended but remained her poise. She just smiled at Zion with her flirty eyes and held his shoulders sexually.

"Can you fucking stop it? Just hella go away filthy woman, your scent is suffocating the hell out of me," inis na bulalas ni Zion at muling tinulak si Loreen. Tumayo si Zion at pumunta sa ibang couch. Doon na pinagpatuloy ang paglunod ng sarili sa alak.

Oh, poor Loreen.

I wanted to laugh at her but I know it would just make me feel bad. No one, not even a woman like her, deserves to be treated that way. But on the side note, I understood Zion's behavior. This was the time he was suffering from anger issues. Halata naman na galing siya sa pakikipag-away dahil sa mga pasa niya sa mukha.