CHAPTER 46

Chapter Forty-six

Zion snaked his arms around my waist. I was solidly locked in between his firm arms as he embraced me gently like I was a fragile vase. A seconds after, he squeezed me as if he had longed for a hug. 

I couldn't fathom the kind of hug he's giving me; his arms were gentle enough to give me a space of breath yet they were firm and tight enough to make me feel that I was missed, longed, wanted, and loved.

He slouched and buried his face in the crook of my neck. He put light kisses there that made me froze for a moment. I then hugged him back and leaned my head on his chest.

My tears threatened to flare up as I felt something wet in my neck. Zion... or Benjamin was crying silently.

"How did you know?" he asked, his voice was a bit hoarse.

"Hey!" Loreen called. She marched toward me, a lit cigarette was on his left hand and a bottle of alcohol on the other.

"Where's Zion?" she asked and looked around to check for Zion's presence before she returned back her gaze at me.

Zion told me earlier to wait beside his car because he still had interviews and picture-taking with some fans. And the no choice that I was, I patiently waited here.

"Ah, nasa loob pa," maiksi kong sagot at iniwas ang tingin mula sa kanya. She's looking at me with a downcast expression as if I had unfinished business with her.

"Are you two dating?" she asked and walked nearer to me. I could smell her strong perfume together with the scent of cigarette smoke and alcohol. Mukhang tipsy na siya.

Umiling lang ako sa sagot niya. I heard her sneered which made my eyes cast back at her. She was looking at me as if I told her pigs can fly. Mukhang ayaw pa atang maniwala ah.

"We are not dating," I verbalized. Tumaas lang ang isang kilay niya at nagkibit-balikat.

"Then kudos for being a smart girl. Don't you ever date him, he's sick and crazy," she blurted out, badmouthing Zion.

Napamaang ako sa gulat. Why was she telling bad about him? Did she think that I'm a threat and now she's ruining his image to me so she can have Zion back? Mukha pa namang gusto pa niya si Zion.

"He has a severe anger issue disorder. Once he's triggered, he could hurt anyone kahit na ang walang atraso sa kanya. He was uncontrollable. At ako lang ang pumatol sa kanya noon dahil masochist ako," she continued. Her lips twitched, hiding a smile.

Imbis na magtagumpay si Loreen para sirain si Zion sa akin, mas lalo lang tuloy ako naawa sa kanya. I have hinted that the main cause of his anger issue was his familial problem.

I suddenly felt guilty for rejecting him. I guess I was right that he lacks attention and affection because Loreen made it sound like everyone was avoiding him before. And that shouldn't be! He needs genuine help and trust.

He's getting fond of me these days. Maybe, I could help him. Kakalimutan ko na 'yung sinabi kong lalayuan ko na siya. Bahala na muna.

But wait, I guess Loreen was wrong. Zion was already treated, I supposed. He was so gentle and quirky to me, malayong-malayo sa isang tao na may anger disorder. Siguro nagpagamot siya sa loob ng dalawang taon 'nung nasa ibang bansa pa siya.

"And you know what, he was so crazy over this girl that he didn't even know. He told me in his drunkard state that he was supposed to crash his own car to end his life but then on his way, a sight of an angry girl calmed him down. He helped her fixed her car but sadly, that girl didn't even thank nor glance at him," pagkukuwento ni Loreen.