CHAPTER 31

Chapter Thirty-one

"I hope you both have enjoyed your stay! Sa uulitin po!" Raisah emotionally bid farewell to us.

While were loading our cars with bags and other packs, she gave us hazel heart-formed rocks with a glassy texture that serve as our remembrance. She said those rocks are rare because they could only be found during a full moon in dripping waters inside caves.

The rock feels different in my palm like there's something soothing my heart. It doesn't look humanely-formed. There are flaws in its curves but the heart shape is perfectly visible.

In return, Benjamin insisted to sponsor the renovation on some parts of the resort. And since I have nothing to offer, I just thanked her for a commendable service during our stay.

Raisah was delightfully surprised when she got to know that we're both a high-ranked corporate people under one of the most sought-after company. I just chuckled. If only she knew, I'm just a mere editor-in-chief under a failing publishing company, unlike Benjamin who is administering a triumphant company.

"Woah, ang isang CEO at President ay magkarelasyon! Paniguradong palagi kayong inspired magtrabaho niyan," masayang bulalas ni Raisah.

It's been a week full of a blast. We both came here with sorrowful and turmoil minds but we will go home with ecstatic hearts. Days have passed yet I couldn't still help but smile thinking that we are now officially a boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Be my girlfriend."

His statement made me stilled. Even my breath paused a bit.

I know that all of these would come out as chaos. I know that being with him is a big backward step to my plan, as Madam Belen warned. But her warning doesn't coincide with what the author is doing to Benjamin.

Miss_raconteur seemed to backfire my plan, or maybe, I'm just the one who has a problem here. Maybe I deal with everything hardly, only because I have feelings for him.

The latter weighs more sense. But isn't it too fishy? Why would the author do this?

I was maybe dumb to think that I had a role as a villain or whatever that can hinder their love story. I couldn't be an 'experience before Callie' because all of these aren't flashback scenes. The author couldn't just use me to twirl the emotions of her readers because I believe a leading man should be drawn only to his leading woman.

Why is she doing this? I remember I have asked this in mind a few times when I was still new to this world. I have concluded different things but I only ended up asking the same question. Why is she doing this?

But above all, if I didn't have feelings for him in the first place, I'm sure this wouldn't happen. I should have behaved accordingly. But it's too late now.

"They say silence means yes but damn, it doesn't feel like it," rinig kong sabi ni Benjamin. It turned out as an echo again.

I just chuckled. I slowly patted the rocky ground until I have touched both of our caps. I wore it and when the flashlight turned on, I picked up a sharp rock and then drew a heart on the rock wall, big enough to surround our names.

"See that?" I asked. My voice sounded shaky.

"Hmm? Is that a yes, baby?"

I nodded.

This cave isn't called The Cave of Promising Love for nothing. In this darkness where everything is mysterious and should have triggered our minds with horrifying imagination and paralyzing fear, here we are, starting off our own romance in a story that isn't ours.