CHAPTER 29

Chapter Twenty-nine

The sun finally arose like a gold medallion attached to the horizon. The gust of the wind is calmly kissing my skin. The small waves are slightly crashing the shore. Everything is perfect. I could really feel my senses swaying along with the serenity of the view.

This is the perfect time for introspection, more like examining my emotional instability. I know it's too shallow and early for that but I'm just really confused, unstable, and paranoid. But ironically, the person who put me in this state is actually with me and making me feel at ease, unperturbed and guarded.

Or maybe, it is indeed true that the more you push someone, the more you pull yourself back to that person. However, it is only applicable when you love that someone. And it happened that I feel that way toward Benjamin, without even knowing how or why.

I felt so firmed and determined when I was planning to avoid him, but when he's around? All my senses and walls instantly cracked and diverged.

Speaking of Benjamin, natulos ako sa kinauupuang buhangin nang umahon siya mula sa paglangoy. He came out as a silhouette since his body figure was against the light coming from the sunrise.

Everything was in the right hues and shade, which only made him and the background view looked dramatic and cinematic. Nang medyo malapit na siya ay mas naging klaro na sa akin ang kanyang kabuuan. Droplets of water were dripping from his hair down to his muscled body. He's not bulky yet his muscles are perfectly toned in its right places. As usual, he's wearing that intense expression again or maybe it's just the product of his facial features; brooding and dark. Nevertheless, it's all enough to swoon the descendants of Eve.

Tumayo na ako nang iilang hakbang na lang ang layo niya mula sa akin. Agad kong iniabot sa kanya ang towel nang tumigil siya sa harapan ko. Ngunit nanatili lamang ang titig niya sa akin at hindi pinagtuonan ng pansin ang bagay na hawak-hawak ko.

"Seeing you barefaced in daylight makes you more irresistible," he said out of the blue.

Agad na uminit ang aking pisngi sa hindi inasahang marinig mula sa kanyang bibig. Napakurap-kurap pa ako ng ilang beses bago makahanap ng mga salitang ibibigkas.

"Gago ka ba? A-ang putla-putla ko kaya," tugon ko at agad na ibinato sa kanyang malapad na dibdib ang tuwalya.

"Even the way you curse makes you damn attractive. Oh, woman, I want to ravish your lips until we'll out of breath."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sinabi niya. Kahit hindi ako naglagay ng blush-on ay alam kong magmumukhang meron dahil sa sobrang init ng aking mukha. Dahil sa kanyang sinabi ay sunod-sunod na nagsipasukan sa utak ko ang nangyari kagabi.

"I'll take back what I said. Let's stay here for a week or so."

Pagkatapos niyang sabihin yun ay agad akong natawa. Kasasabi lang niya ng 'Let's go back' kanina tapos ngayon ay babawiin niya.

"And why?" I ask nonchalantly.

I waited but he didn't bother to answer anymore. I just felt his arm curled around my waist and in a snap, his lips were already pressing against mine. My hands softened in between our chests and my palms eventually placed on his chiseled chest.

It was a fiery kiss that lasted for a minute or so. It felt like as quick as a flash. All I just remembered was his exploring hands on my back and my own hands climbing up to his shoulders, pulling him down since he's much taller. When we pulled apart and stared at each other eyes with heavy breaths, all I could think of was how dear this man to me.