CHAPTER 52

Chapter Fifty-two

The road was dappled by the shade of huge trees, the rays from the setting sun struggled to illuminate our way. I was even more puzzled when Zion turned left and took the high slope landscape which is getting narrow and rocky. Looks like I was right upon thinking why he used this kind of car.

"Where are we going?" I asked Zion for how many times I already lost count. And just like earlier, he didn't bother to answer and kept beating around the bush.

What's new this time was when he just told me that famous line 'Sit back and relax.'

I'm not a cat but curiosity is slowly killing me!

"Are you planning to kidnap me?" I accused playfully at him. Zion glanced at the rear-view mirror of his car before turning to me.

"Ang gwapo ko naman masyado para sa isang kidnapper," sagot niya na nagpairap sa akin.

I suppressed myself to laugh and pretended to scoff at his statement as if I was disgusted. Deep inside, I was delighted that he's back again to being quirky and playful. This man really manifests two personalities --- the intensely serious one, which I prefer to call 'Benjamin', and his quirky self. The latter one was the 'Zion' I knew at first.

"Excuse me, may mga kidnapper na gwapo tapos nakakatuluyan nila 'yung mga ina-abduct nila," I argued as I pondered in mind those best-selling romance books where plots commenced at kidnapping.

"I'm not a fictional man anymore," he sniggered.

What? I beg to protest. He is and will always be that Benjamin, my fictional man that has turned to be my real one.

"And besides, why would I need to kidnap you? Hmm? Do I need to mark you to remind yourself that you're mine?" he babbled which caught me off guard.

Did he just say 'mark'? He'd mark me? How? Is he an alpha vampire or wolf that craves to bit his mate to mark her as his territory? Or was he thinking of a certain thing to mark me?

Before I could even think of any obscene thoughts, Zion flared and accelerated his speed more to maneuver his car upward.

Bigla akong natakot nang daanan namin ang lubak-lubak na lupa kaya napahawak agad ako nang mahigpit sa side-door. I shrieked when the car swayed to the left at the sudden low rocky bump but Zion didn't even flinch.

Yeah right, he's a motocross athlete. But heck, did he have forgotten that I'm here?

"I'm the Elite of Wheels baby, you're safe with me," he soothed and in a snapped, he effortlessly drove away from the rocky bump.

We're now on the smooth terrain growing wide but minutes after, it got narrow again when we passed through the rocks. Zion continued driving until we reached a narrower path. He braked his car and turned its engine off.

"My car can't get pass thought that way. Let's go out," he commanded and opened his side-door.

When I got out, I immediately observed the tranquil surrounding. It's quite dark because of the woods blocking the five o'clock sunrays. There's nothing special around except for those falling dry leaves as if it was mid-autumn.

The quiet atmosphere then faded when I heard Zion's crunching footsteps toward me. I immediately turned to him.

"Are we going to hike our way upward?" I asked as I pointed that narrower path. He just shook his head and walked past me which left me wondering. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin at nakitang papunta siya sa may malalaking damuhan. He moved through the long grasses and I saw something behind those greens.