♡epilogue♡

~almost 2 months later~

"chill out gguk, it's gonna be fine." hobi said.

"i know, i know but-"

"no buts! he told you he loved you back like almost two whole months ago! are you seriously worrying whether he'll say yes?"

jeongguk looked down sheepishly.

"i mean, i know he loves me and i love him too but... i dunno hobi, you know i worry about shit like this."

"i know kid but just try not to think about it too much," hobi said while putting his hand on the other boy's shoulder, "when you overthink you always make things worse."

"yeah, you're right."

right now, hoseok and jeongguk were on the all too familiar train ride towards taehyung's neighbourhood.

jeongguk had been stalling their next meeting in order to try and think of a way to propose to taehyung.

woah woah, not like a marriage proposal.

they hadn't even known eachother for half a year.

he was simply asking him to become his.

officially.

to be his boyfriend.

"simply."

i mean, it was simple right?

that's what jeongguk kept asking himself however it didn't seem to calm his nerves at all.

hoseok didn't see the big deal and, to be honest, neither did jeongguk.

he knew taehyung loved him because he said it himself and taehyung wasn't one to take those sorts of things lightly.

the words "i love you" meant a lot to him and jeongguk knew that.

that's why he was so happy when taehyung had said it for the first time.

although, even thinking about these facts still didn't relax his mind.

all these anxieties were down to one thing.

the fear of possibility.

possibility is, whether most people know it or not, one of human's greatest fears.

think about it this way...

there's a possibility that taehyung will say yes.

there's a possibility that they'll get married one day.

there's a possibility that they'll adopt children one day.

there's a possibility that they'll grow old by eachother's sides.

however, all these are just possibilities.

even if the possibility was ten to one, there's still that one that could fuck everything up.

and that's what was scary.

nothing in life is certain so even if you hold onto something so tightly and pray for something so wholeheartedly, none of that will make a difference because it's in the hands of fate; not your own. the only way to change your fate is to change your future. that was for more life-changing things though, so jeongguk didn't think his boy troubles would apply. even if taehyung as his boyfriend did seem pretty life-changing.

the thought of having something so good that you could either keep or have ripped from you all thanks to one decision you make is terrifying.

a fear that lies among all of us, whether our anxiety chooses to focus on it or not.