Part 27

A few days later Shelby and I were sat in the cafe when Chase came in.

"Where's Scarlet? She's usually stuck to your hip." I said a little too bitter.

"She had to go out of town for a few days. Don't know what to do with myself now." He replied, tapping the table with his hands.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" I asked him with a smile. "We've got time to talk things over then."

"Yeah, probably best to." He smiled as we got up and said our goodbyes to Shelby and Ivan who had wondered over to the table with some fries, "talk to you later."

We walked out the museum and down to the beach. I got my phone out and sent Heckyl the message.

We sat down on the sand in silence before Chase finally broke it, "I'm sorry the way this has all happened."

"It's fine. Honestly." I sighed. I didn't want him to apologise, not for what I was about to do to him...

"No it's not. I've had these weird headaches for months now and think they've been making me lapse in concentration and behaving like I should."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the next step, "I'll forgive you" he turned to look at me, a sparkle in his eye, "as long as you forgive me for what's about to happen."

He frowned as one of Heckyls monsters whacked Chase over the head and he fell backwards.

"don't forget her."

That's a new voice.... but I know it...

Before I could turn to the voice something hit my head and it all went black.