Part 29

Heckyl blocked my view of Chase but I could still hear him, screaming in pain. It hurt that I was the reason for that. Hurt more than anything Heckyl could throw at me.

"Give me your best shot" I whispered, sounding more confident than I actually was. In all honesty, I was scared. So scared. My Spheres were nowhere, nowhere to protect me. I had them on me when I was at the cafe...did they jump out there??

Suddenly a huge pain thrashed on to my right side. I screamed trying to bend forward to help stop the pain but my hand ties kept me in place.

"Where are your Spheres?" Heckyl spat as he threw another bolt at me. This time it hit me with such force I fell back hitting my head and back in the pole behind me. My head was ringing was the slam, my vision blurred. "Kylie. Where are they?"

"I don't know!"

"Liar!"

Another hit but only just as I turned slightly to get away from it. It hit my left elbow but also my hand ties. Before Heckyl could see, I leaned as close as I could and slapped him round the face, taking him by surprise. This left me a few moments to untie the rope round my ankles. Thankfully I undone the last knot as another bolt hit me full force in the chest, throwing me backwards towards the back wall but stopping by a chair and I, again, hit my head.

Heckyl kept throwing bolts at me and I kept trying to dodge them. Some hit, some missed. I felt my legs rip open from the floor that was getting the missed hits and tearing holes in the floor.

I managed to get a good view of Chase and Scarlet. He was now off the chair and lying on the floor. Scarlet stood over him, throwing bolts to him too. So she's not human either!?

"Chase!" I shouted as Scarlet bent over Chases body and into his T-shirt, pulling off his energem from the chain he held it round.

"One energem." Scarlet smirked as she threw it to Heckyl.

"Oh this has been so much fun!" He said in a sing song voice, smiling away. "One down. They'll be easier now without their precious Black Ranger."

I felt something else hit my stomach. I rolled myself up to stop the pain but lifted my head to see where it came from. Scarlet stood facing me, smirking, and Heckyl had his back to me. Continuing to smirk, scarlet turned round and walked to Heckyl.

How dumb can we be!?