Getting Out of the Void

Your P.O.V.

I laughed and hugged Sans back. He peppered my face in kisses. I finally felt at home after ages of feeling unbearably lonely.

"I'm so happy to see you...this place was making me crazy."

"I think this place does that to everyone," he chuckled.

Gaster coughed. Sans looked up and his eye sockets seemed to widen. 

"D-dad?"

"☟︎♏︎●︎●︎□︎ ⬧︎□︎■︎. 🏱︎●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎, ⧫︎♏︎●︎●︎ ❍︎♏︎ ♒︎□︎⬥︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♋︎■︎♎︎ ◻︎♋︎◻︎⍓︎❒︎◆︎⬧︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ♌︎♏︎♏︎■︎."

Sans teared up. "We've been good Dad...we've been good."

Gaster smiled. "✋︎'❍︎ ♑︎●︎♋︎♎︎, ♓︎ ♒︎♋︎⧫︎♏︎♎︎ ●︎□︎⬧︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ❍︎⍓︎ ⧫︎⬥︎□︎ ♌︎□︎⍓︎."

"We hated losing you..."

Gaster opened his arms and Sans got up. He gave his dad a tight hug.

"This is sickeningly sweet and all, but does anyone have a real plan to get out of here?" Flowey asked.

I gave Flowey a glare but I was curious as well.

"❄︎♒︎♏︎ ❖︎□︎♓︎♎︎ ♎︎□︎♏︎⬧︎■︎'⧫︎ ●︎♓︎🙵♏︎ 🙵♏︎♏︎◻︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⬥︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♎︎□︎♏︎⬧︎■︎'⧫︎ ♌︎♏︎●︎□︎■︎♑︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎. ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♋︎●︎●︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ⧫︎□︎♑︎♏︎⧫︎♒︎♏︎❒︎, ♓︎⧫︎ ⬧︎♒︎□︎◆︎●︎♎︎ ●︎♏︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ □︎◆︎⧫︎ ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ 🙰◆︎⬧︎⧫︎ ♋︎ ♌︎♓︎⧫︎ □︎♐︎ ❍︎♋︎♑︎♓︎♍︎ ♐︎❒︎□︎❍︎ ♋︎●︎●︎ □︎♐︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎."

"But Dad, what about you? You're coming with us right?" 

"✋︎ ♌︎♏︎●︎□︎■︎♑︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎ ⬧︎♋︎■︎⬧︎. ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ❖︎□︎♓︎♎︎ ♋︎■︎♎︎ ♓︎ ♒︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ♌︎♏︎♍︎□︎❍︎♏︎....❍︎♏︎●︎♎︎♏︎♎︎. ♋︎♐︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎ ♓︎ ♐︎♏︎●︎●︎ ♓︎■︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ♍︎□︎❒︎♏︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ♌︎♏︎♍︎♋︎❍︎♏︎ ♓︎❒︎❒︎♏︎❖︎♏︎❒︎⬧︎♓︎♌︎●︎♏︎."

"But I just found you again... you can't expect me to just leave you here!"

"☠︎□︎ □︎■︎♏︎ ♍︎♋︎■︎ ♎︎□︎ ♋︎■︎⍓︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎♌︎□︎◆︎⧫︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎. ♓︎ ⬥︎♋︎■︎⧫︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ♒︎□︎❍︎♏︎ ⬧︎♋︎♐︎♏︎ ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ ◻︎♋︎◻︎⍓︎❒︎◆︎⬧︎ ♋︎■︎♎︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ●︎□︎❖︎♏︎●︎⍓︎ ♑︎♓︎❒︎●︎♐︎❒︎♓︎♏︎■︎♎︎. ◻︎●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎, ●︎♏︎♋︎❖︎♏︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ◻︎●︎♋︎♍︎♏︎."

I didn't know what was going on but I didn't like the look on San's face. 

"Fine. Y/N, Flowey gather up a bit of magic. We're going."

"Okay..."

Flowey spewed out a fire ball, Sans conjured a bone, and I bubbled the two when they collided. Instantly the darkness washed away and we were back in the lab. I expected to see Chara there but they were no where to be seen.

"Sans? What happened back there?"

"What happened was I met my father again only to have him push me away. C'mon, we're going back up to the surface."

He started walking away.

"Sans!"

"What?"

"I don't know what he said but I don't think that's what he meant."

"Yeah? Well he had a great way of showing it."

"Sans..."

"What do you expect me to say? That I'm hurt? That all I wanted was to have my dad back and for Papyrus to get to see him again only to hear that my Dad has already given up?"

"I expect you to show some sympathy! What would you do in his position? Don't you think he's already tried? Don't you think if he thought there was a way he would have been with us?"

"I just want him back y/n...I miss him."

"I know," I hugged him from behind. "God, do I know."