Offence

*Trigger warning for this chapter*

Your P.O.V.

It was so fucking dark.

Dark. Darker. Y e t D a r k e r.

Sitting alone with only my thoughts had never been a good thing. I remembered all the times my mom holed up in her room after my dad died...and all I had was myself.

Every bad habit I had was rushing back and so were the urges to take a razor and-

No. 

"NO!" I screamed. I wasn't sure how since my voice was already hoarse from screaming.

Gaster was no where to be found and walking in here was like being blind. In fact I wasn't even sure if my eyes were working anymore.

I didn't want to go back to my bad habits and urges because I didn't want to disappoint Sans or worry him when he found me again...if he found me. But they were so damn strong...and they were only getting stronger. 

Sans's P.O.V.

Toriel and Asgore were lecturing Chara. I asked Papyrus to go to his room and that things were gonna be okay. He wasn't that much younger than me but he was a freaking innocent teddy bear. As a big bro I wanted nothing more than to have him not deal with this...but I already hide so much from him I felt like he needed to know about this.

"If you guys are done, I'd like my girlfriend back," I said, glaring at Chara.

"No can do comedian, she's right where I want her. Plus you guys can't do anything to me with out leaving her in the void forever. I think you know more than anyone she won't last too long in there," Chara said with a smirk

"Chara, bring my child back here now," Toriel said angrily. 

"Look, maybe you guys don't understand what I'm doing, BUT I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE," Chara yelled.

"What do you mean?" Asgore asked.

"They mean that if they don't do something soon they'll fade away into nothing. Not like that would be a bad thing," Flowey spat.

Chara looked at the ground, "I don't want to disappear. And if I can achieve my goal that way, then all the better."

"Look kid, I know that humans hurt you but killing all of them isn't gonna help anything. Killing us isn't gonna help anything," I said. 

"Do you have any idea what it's like!? Waking up to someone screaming at you every day!? To not be sure if you're gonna die or not!? To be beaten bloody, only to have to do every damn chore in the house!? To have a parent you love die and the other one to hate your guts for it!? Do you have any idea what it's like...to have a parent that wants nothing more than...for you to die."

"No I don't. I know you're messed up and I'm sorry you had to go through that shit, but that doesn't make killing all the humans right."

"You don't get it...if I kill all of them then no one has to suffer like I did again...humans are all walking garbage that need disposed of, and if I don't do it, no one will. All humans do is hurt each other and walk around lying that they are fine. A species like that? I'm putting them out of their fucking misery. And from what I learned, you guys are just as bad."

Except for that last part...y/n had said something similar when she fell in the Underground...I wonder if things had been a bit different that she might have ended up like Chara.

"But there's a lot of good in humanity too..." 

Memories of y/n flashed through my skull.

Damn she was cute. I don't think she remembers but she had a nightmare during the night...does she get those often? Anyways, she had curled up against me, her entire body shaking. I ran my finger bones through her hair to calm her down and surprisingly it worked, but she stayed curled up next to me the whole night.

When she woke up this morning it was the most adorable thing, even when she freaked out and started blushing she looked beautiful...

"They are warm, and bright..."

"Geez kid, I didn't know you were a cooking whiz."

"Well after my dad passed away my mom stopped wanting to do as much around the house so I picked up a few things."

I  stared at her from my seat at the kitchen table.

"....what?" she asked.

"Uh...I lost my dad too."

"I'm guessing that's why you're so protective of Papyrus, yeah?"

"Yeah...we never really had a mom either so it made things hard on us. Paps doesn't remember our dad so I guess that's somethin."

She set a plate of food down in front of me and smiled.

"I'm sure he does Sans. I'm sure your dad would be proud of you as well for taking such good care of Papyrus."

I stared at her again.

"They are kind, and understanding..."

She giggled and I grabbed her hands. I closed my eyes and she closed hers. I concentrated as hard as I could on the power flowing between us.

I didn't need to look. I knew there was a goat head the size of Asgore between us and the barrier. It then blasted so hard that it almost knocked both of is over.

We grabbed on to each other and looked at were the barrier had stood. When we looked...we saw the sunset...and the surface

"Above all they are determined."

"You've only seen her. That's one human, you can't judge a species by only one of them," Chara growled.

"I could say the same to you. Just cause you've seen the worst parts of humanity that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of good too."

"My child...we want you happy and free of hurt...but you have to understand killing everyone won't get you there..." Toriel said softly. She always was a mother at heart.

Chara did something we hadn't expected. They started crying their eyes out.

We all kinda stood awkwardly because no one really wanted to comfort them after all they have done.

After they were done crying they looked up. 

"Fine...I'm done trying to kill everyone...but I don't want to fade away....I don't want to disappear."