Asgore's Story

Sans's P.O.V.

Asgore sighed while looking at the floor.

"You knew some of that didn't you? Why did you stay silent?"

"I did Sans...but like I said some things are better off not being told. If the Underground knew my soulless son was roaming around it could have started a panic."

"How did you know about Flowey?"

"Well...Alphys is the royal scientist. When Flowey was created she told me a few months after, destroyed by failure and guilt."

"And Chara?"

"I did not know about them I promise, only Flowey. Though their appearance did not surprise me."

"Dad...if you knew about me why didn't you try to reach out?" Flowey asked bitterly.

"To be honest Alphys asked me not to. I desperately wanted to, trust me, but when Alphys explained you were soulless and not the same as the son I raised...I hesitated. You know I have not always made the wisest decisions and...in the end I realize my actions in the Underground were cowardly."

I can usually read expressions like books but...Flowey's threw me for a loop. Then again he was a soulless flower.

"My son...my dear sweet son. I can not explain how sorry I am. How sorry I am sure Tori is...we felt like we had lost our world when you and Chara came home dead. We felt like we had failed as parents for what happened," Tears fell from Asgore's face. "That was the worst day of our lives and I made all the wrong choices, blind with grief. I can't ask you or Tori to forgive me. All I ask is that you don't hate your mother for what has happened."

Flowey grunted, "Stop getting sappy on me, I don't hate either of you. While your actions haven't been the best...I've done worse. The only one you need to get to forgive you is Mom, and I think eventually she will."

Asgore nodded, "Thank you son."

I sighed, "I'm gonna go check on y/n, let me know when the pie is done."

I teleported in our room, being too lazy to use the stairs. Y/n was still sleeping peacefully, thankfully. I decided to curl up on the mattress next to her and wrapped my arms around her.

Watching that blank stare she had given me earlier haunted my mind. I couldn't get my head to wrap around the fact that she had been in there a year, desperately waiting for me, for anyone to come get her out of there.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart," I whispered. "I promise I'm gonna be here for you for forever. You're never gonna be alone again. And you know how I hate to make promises..."

Y/n shifted in my arms and slightly opened her eyes.

"Hey silly bones," she said in a hoarse voice, but her eyes were still dull and her smile looked fake.

"Did ya hear all of that?"

"Most of it...that was really sweet."

"Only for you," I put my mouth on her forehead.

"I don't know what to do anymore Sans...I just feel numb...like nothing really matters anymore."

I remembered that feeling from before rush back to me. The feeling that no matter what I did things would just reset and my world was a never ending cycle...

The words I had most wanted to hear then came rolling out of my mouth.

"You're here in my arms. You are safe. You are not alone. I'm not the only one standing behind you, you've got the entire Underground behind your back. They are here because of you. They are here because you are the best human alive and care about everyone, even people like Flowey. I promise you, we've got tons of happy memories to look forward too. Tons of sunsets to watch. Days to live for. I want you to take care of yourself sweetheart, cause someone really cares about you."

And then I watched the light return to her eyes.

Your P.O.V.

I was filled with....hope and love. Sans's words brought tears to my eyes and Sans immediately looked concerned.

"I-i'm sorry, did I say something wrong?"

Having the always sure skeleton asking me this made me laugh.

"No skelebones. You said all the right things...in fact I couldn't make a better speech myself."

"Good," he held me closer. "Tibia honest I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

I ended up laughing so hard at him ruining a sappy moment with puns that I ended up snorting.

He chuckled, "Did you like my pun? I can make a femur."

I laughed even harder, and managed out, "Those were sansational."

He ended up laughing too and we were just a giggling mess.

God I love him.