Finding Help

Sans's P.O.V.

After Y/n and I ate at Grillby's we headed home so I could talk to Flowey. I was nervous because even though Flowey had come around to most people, he and I still didn't mesh well. I really wanted my dad back though so I was willing to suck up my pride and do it. I got sent back to reality when Y/n squeezed my hand.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" She asked.

"No I...I gotta do this," I answered. 

"Alright," She gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I'm sure it'll work out."

I nodded and walked into the bedroom. Flowey was sitting under the grow light we got him on the dresser. He seemed to be sleeping but I knew he didn't sleep.

"Hey uh...Flowey?"

He let out a 'hmph' sound without opening his eyes, "What do you want?"

"I need to ask you something important. I completely understand if you decline but...I could really use your help."

Flowey opened his eyes at this, "Well I never, the smiley trash bag is asking me for help?"

The nickname sent rage flowing through me but I did my best to silence it. 

"Yes. You know I would never ask if I had another option, but I need to get my dad back and you're my only lead right now."

Flowey squinted his eyes at me, thinking.

"You plan on experimenting on me?"

"If you'll let me and are comfortable with it."

"...I would say no but...I know how important family can be. I'll help you but under one condition."

"Anything."

"I never want to be in a lab again after this."

"Condition accepted."

Flowey seemed to be thinking again until he spit out, "There's this thing I found that might help."

"What is it?" I asked with a questioning look.

"I found a book back in the True Lab, it should still be there, it was hidden in a secret compartment, inside another secret compartment. Weird I know, but you know Gaster. It was labeled 'Before the War'. I'm not sure how much help it could be but it might have something in it."

"Okay, first stop the True Lab."

I teleported Flowey and I there, it took a lot of energy out of me and I knew I'd have to walk back but I wanted in and out of here as fast as possible. This place was just crawling with bad memories.

"Over there," Flowey said, pointing to a corner with a vine.

I walked over to the corner and ended up stepping on tile that was apparently a button. It opened a hatch in the wall near the floor.

"There should be a switch in there if you feel around," Flowey motioned towards the hole.

I felt around for a bit and found the switch. It was tiny and barely movable from the many years of being closed. I managed the flip it finally and one of the walls in the hatch opened up to reveal an old book. I took it out, noticing it looked almost new from being shut in there so long but I knew it was older than I was. 'Before the War' was written on the front in big letters.

"Okay we got it, let's get out of here," Flowey said with a slight shudder.

"Right."

I hurried out of the True Lab and walked through the rest of the Underground again. I eventually got back home after like an hour of walking.

When we came through the door I saw a pacing Y/n.

"Where have you been!?" She exclaimed.

"Uh...we went to go grab something at the True Lab."

"You left with out even telling me, you weren't even answering your phone!"

I pulled out my phone confused. Then I realized it was dead.

"It must have died while I was out, I'm sorry hun."

I set down Flowey on a table and he huffed. I then gave her a tight hug.

"I didn't mean to worry you sweetheart, I just wanted any lead I could get..."

"I know...I'm just still kinda worried that people are gonna leave...I know it's stupid but it won't go away..."

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise."