Houses

Your P.O.V.

"What are we gonna do now? Chara is hell knows where and we've still got stuff to do on the surface."

Flowey cleared his throat. Sans and I both turned to look at him.

"I wanna go with you."

"Uhh...what?" I asked.

"I wanna go with you two up to the surface."

"Is that even possible? You're kinda in the ground..." Sans said.

"I'm a god damn plant! Put in a pot or something! I thought you two were smarter than this!"

"I mean I am a bone head," Sans said with a wink.

Flowey growled and I just shook my head with a smile.

Sans went and grabbed a pot of dirt and set it beside Flowey who weirdly transferred into it. Seeing that he actually had roots weirded me out for some reason.

Sans picked up Flowey and teleported us to the surface.

When we arrived everyone was packing up stuff. Sans and I looked at each other and walked up to the first person we saw, which happened to be Papyrus.

"Hey bro, why is everyone packin up?"

"SANS!" Papyrus hugged him tightly. "WHERE HAVE YOU TWO BEEN? IT'S BEEN A WEEK AND A HALF...I WAS STARTING TO GET WORRIED."

"What!?" I asked

"Uh sorry bro, we didn't realize how long we were gone but uh, what happened?"

"KING ASGORE AND LADY TORIEL TALKED TO THE HUMANS. THEY ARE LETTING US STAY IN SOME HOUSES JUST OUTSIDE OF TOWN! ISN'T THAT GREAT!?"

"That's wonderful bro. I'm glad, are we moving in today?"

"YES! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!"

As Papyrus when back to packing I pulled Sans aside with a smooshed Flowey.

"Sans...I've seen those houses....they are complete trash, they won't even let the poor people live there..."

"Then why did Papyrus seem so happy?" Flowey asked.

"I'm assuming they haven't seen the houses yet...or Asgore and mom haven't told anyone."

Sans sighed, "It feels like this is just getting worse..."

"We just have to keep hope...and make sure we fight for what's right."

"I hope we can sweetheart, I really do."

We went back to the other monsters and packed up our stuff. A bunch of them kept asking where we had been and we awkwardly answered the same way we had to Papyrus. Some just took the answer and others gave us weird glances but how else could we answer that without scaring them? They were already scared with the humans meeting them again.

When everyone had arrived it was obvious that it wasn't what any of them expected. Asgore and mom had rock hard faces while the rest of them looked in awe at the trashy houses. It was like the humans were trying to get rid of them any way they could. First the underground, then living out next to the mountain, and now this. Granted it was progress but no one should have to go through this in the first place.

It also seemed like there weren't enough houses. We quickly found out that a lot of us would be sharing houses. Papyrus, Sans, mom, Asgore, Flowey and I all found one house were we could fit. Barely but we managed it. We couldn't unpack much for lack of space but we had a roof over our head.

The house was three bedroom, two bathroom. It had a small kitchen and living room but that was it. Seeing as Toriel was still upset with Asgore he ended up taking the couch. Papyrus took a bedroom and Sans, Flowey, and I took one. Mostly Flowey was with us so we could keep an eye on him.

We tried to be happy about the place but...there were clearly spots where the floor was unstable and where we could see up to the sky in the roof. The kitchen had only come with a clunky fridge, a half burnt stove, and half a table that was propped against the wall. The living room had a torn up couch and side table that the cabinet door had been ripped off of and the lamp on it had no lamp shade.

Papyrus's room seemed the safest, there were no holes in the floor and a window with no cracks. There was one hole in the ceiling but it was off in a corner and it was rather small. It had an actual bed unlike the other two. The rest of us only had mattresses. Sans and I being used to it we didn't care much and mom understood the situation and didn't mind much.

Sans, Flowey, and I had a lumpy floor and a pretty big hole in the ceiling. The window was broken so it was definitely gonna be cold. Toriel had a similar situation and no door.

The bathrooms...I won't even describe. Let's just say they need a major cleaning.

Sans and I sat on the mattress in our room and we both just kinda flopped down.

"This is rough..." I sighed.

"Yeah..when you said trashy I didn't think you meant my level of trash."

"We'll get through this...I hope."

"We will sweetheart, we will."