Fixing Up

Your P.O.V.

The next morning Asgore gathered all the monsters. 

"As I understand it many of these houses are not in suitable condition. I want us to work together to fix these houses. Do any of you know about building and fixing up stuff like this?"

A few monsters raised their hands.

"Alright and how many of you can help with any heavy lifting and are willing to learn how to help?"

A lot more of them raised their hands.

"Alright come with me and we'll make a plan and get started."

After a while of them planning and going to houses a human in a suit showed up. She had light blue hair with silver eyes. She was looking around in wonder at the monsters and disgust at the houses. Since Asgore was busy, Sans and I went over to talk to her.

"Hey, can we help you?" Sans asked.

"Ah, yes! My name is Misty and I was sent by the city to basically be your messenger to them and get any messages to you," she said with a smile. "Although...I didn't expect them to put you guys in these houses...they don't even let anyone take these houses from the city..."

"Yeah, unfortunately the humans seem scared of us," Sans said.

"Is there any way I can help? I'm not just a messenger I'm supposed to help your transition be as smooth as possible as well. I just wanna make sure you guys are happy with your homes."

"Well as you can tell we aren't. Luckily some of us know how to fix up places like this and we're getting stuff fixed," I said.

"Okay, I know a bit myself, can you show me to the monsters who are fixing up?"

Sans and I led her to the group and introduced her to Asgore.

"Ah, you're the king right? I'm Misty and I wanna help out. I was sent by the city to be a messenger and helper."

"Nice to meet you Misty, I am the king but you can just call me Asgore, here let me show you our plan."

Sans and I walked back to our house to leave them to it.

"What do you think of her?" I asked.

"She's sweet, kinda reminds me of you," Sans answered.

I chuckled, "You wouldn't think about replacing me now would you?"

"Not in a million years sweetheart."

"Good, nice to know I have the best bone head."

When we walked inside the house the smell of burning and vinegar wafted through. Sans and I looked at each other and then walked into the kitchen. We saw Toriel with ash on her in several places and cleaning out the oven.

"Oh hello Sans and my child, I was trying to see if we could salvage the oven. It is a little burnt on the outside but nothing a good cleaning can't fix."

"Great to hear Tori, I thought Papyrus had tried to cook something from the smell," Sans chuckled.

"No, not at all, but uh...y/n I've been meaning to talk to you."

"What about mom?"

"Well...don't you have a family here? Or friends? I'm glad you are staying with us but...don't you want to go see them?"

"I've been wondering that too..." Sans trailed off. He looked a little sad but mostly concerned.

I hadn't not thought about it. I missed my actual mom even though she hadn't really been there for me since dad died. My friends were great but, I never really opened up to them about everything so we weren't that close. That didn't mean I didn't miss them...I wouldn't even know where to start when I saw them again though.

"I do eventually wanna go see them but..."

"You're scared," Sans answered.

I just nodded my head.

"Well when you do decide to go talk to them, we're here for you, no matter what happens my child," Toriel said.

"Thanks mom." 

"You are very welcome."

"Hey sweetheart, I was thinking about getting some grub, wanna come with?" Sans asked.

"Sure but I wanna go check on Flowey first."

"Go ahead."

I ran upstairs to our room but on the way down the hall I was caught off guard by something that scared the hell out of me. In a broken mirror in the hallway I could have sworn I saw Chara but when I looked again...it was just me.

"Heh, I must just be stressed," I chuckled.