Reading His Journal

A/n: Some of this chapter will be talking about Sans's mom. I chose the name Arial because I saw a lot of the fandom likes that name. My version of her may be different than the person you have associated with that name because I don't really know if she's from a comic or something and I don't know her personality. I also understand that a lot of people believe that Sans and Papyrus are experiments from Gaster and they don't have a mom but I chose for the sake of my story that they will. I hope you all enjoy!

Sans's P.O.V.

The next day I sat with Gaster's book in front of me. I didn't know anything about my dad's life before the war. All I knew were the tales he told me of how vicious humans could be and his life in the Underground before me. Hell I knew nothing about my mom. Dad refused to talk about her like a haunted memory. I gave up trying to ask a little before he fell in the Core. But here it was in front of me, in writing...and possibly a way to get him out of the void.

I opened the book. The spine emitted a cracking noise and the pages were stiff from lack of use, but the writing was still dark as if he had just written in it.

April 19XX,

I met someone today, a lovely skeleton. She was shy but clever, in all the ways I am not. When I saw her in the town square I couldn't believe my eyes. She sold flowers. Such a lovely thing for a lovely lady to be doing. But it was the markings on her body that left me staring. She had Day of the Dead markings all over her even though it wasn't for another six months. On her though it seemed normal. She wore a flowing dress and a flower crown of the same flowers she was selling, statices. I heard somewhere they stand for remembrance. I wonder what she could be remembering? I heard someone call to her before I could walk over and say anything. I believe they called her Arial? Such a beautiful name...

April 19XX

She was selling flowers again in the square. When I walked up to her she immediately smiled at me. I asked her how a lovely lady such as she was fairing that young morning. She answered, "I'm doing as handsomely as you sir, would you like a flower?" I told her I had no money on me, I had just come to see if she was free that evening. An orange hue came over her face and she nodded. She handed me a flower, saying it was on her and to pick her up at six, that she lived on the other side of the bridge. I bowed and kissed her hand saying it would be my pleasure. I've never been more nervous in my life. But she was...radiant.

April 19XX 

The date went splendidly. We enjoyed a silent film and ate at a small restaurant. We talked to each other for hours. I felt as if I already knew her, her wit and mine playing off of each other and laughing the night away. She of course asked what I did for a living. I told her I was a scientist, hoping to one day be a royal scientist for Prince Asgore. She did not laugh at me. Most people do. She said she wished she could do something as wonderful as that. She was a farmer's daughter who only sold flowers. Her father wouldn't let her do more and her mother had begged to let him let their daughter do something, she felt so antsy in her home. As if her hands were meant to be else where doing something greater. Selling flowers wasn't what she wanted but it was better than nothing. I...I want to marry this maiden.

May 19XX

Arial and I are due to get married soon. Oh how the time flies. I heard Prince Asgore was to be at the wedding. I hope this will get me where I want to be. It seems like everything is falling into place...almost too perfectly. But I refuse to dwell on that. My flower and I will soon be wed and if the universe will grant my wish I will be the royal scientist as well.

June 19XX

My wish came true! Not only am I Prince Asgore's right hand skeleton, but he is soon to be King. He said he will appoint me the Royal Scientist as soon as he can. Not only that, but Arial is with child! Soon we will have a little boy or girl in our lives and souls.

July 19XX

I regret to inform who ever is reading this that my life updates end here. I cannot put Arial and my precious baby in danger while a war is on the brink. King Asgore has asked me to research what ever I can in means to find a weapon stronger than the human's magic. There is something I heard my father speak of once. I very powerful place, an empty darkness. The Void. If I can some how harness the power of it, we can defeat the humans if need be.

The book then went on about experiment after experiment. Labeling numbers and test runs. But one entry in particular caught my eye. It was in large writing and seemed to be written in frustration.

NOVEMBER 19XX

OF COURSE I FIND IT TOO LATE! WHEN WE ARE ALREADY TRAPPED UNDERGROUND BECAUSE OF THOSE FILTHY HUMANS. IF ONLY I HAD FOUND OUT THE SECRET SOONER. NOT THAT IT WOULD HAVE HELPED HAVING NOTHING OF THE VOID. YOU NEED SOMETHING FROM THE VOID AND A LITTLE DETERMINATION AND YOU CAN OPEN THE DAMN THING. AND TO BRING SOMETHING HERE YOU NEED SOMETHING TETHERED TO THE SURFACE AND SOMETHING OF GREAT IMPORTANCE, NOT THAT THIS IS MUCH HELP NOW AND IF SOME ONE WAS ABLE TO PREFORM IT, IT WOULD BE A DAMN MIRACLE.

It was right there staring at me from my father's angry hand writing. He had found it out. He just didn't realize that one day someone would be able to preform it. And that it would be by his own son.