Research

Sans's P.O.V.

Alphys and I had been hanging out a lot more recently. Alphys and I finally talked about Gaster and got all the regrets and grieving out on the table. Now we were working together on a way to bring him back. Apparently she had been looking for a way as well. We compared research but we got barely anywhere, the data was almost the same.

Y/n had been coming with me once in a while to Alphys's new lab that she was able to get with the help of Misty. Y/n usually made sure we were eating properly and was hanging out with Chara and....ugh Mettaton. He hadn't even thought about slowing down with Papyrus when things were chaotic which pissed me off more.

I wanted the best for Papyrus and I could only see Mettaton as an asshole. He had no consideration for anyone's feelings but his own.

Chara also had a body and wasn't much better than the tin can. They also lost a bunch of their power when they transferred over so even opening the void wasn't possible.

"Honey?" Y/n jolted me out of my thoughts.

"Ah, yeah, what's up?" I asked.

"You're burning holes into that book with your stare silly bones, take a break."

"But we gotta get him back, he's been in the void far too long as is."

She sighed knowing how stubborn I can be, "Okay, then tell me what you guys have so far. Maybe you need a new perspective?"

I looked at her for a minute. Would she even understand all this scientific mumbo jumbo? I mean I wasn't always the best at explaining it but it couldn't hurt...

"So Alphys's data and mine are pretty much the same. Creating a portal into the void would take almost as much power as it took to make the barrier. The only reason Chara could do it from what we can gather is because before they had a body they were both of this world and the void. All the negative energy they formed with taking Frisk's soul. They also got some power from the experiments Alphys did to try to bring them and Asriel back. Even if we find a way to open the barrier again we have nothing to test with, we would need some sort of void material to test how to make something of the void become able to be on Earth again and be stable."

"Hmm, would something with void particles on it work? I mean Chara might be fully of Earth again but both Flowey and I have spent a lot of time in the void...Flowey might even be your best candidate seeing how he has some of the energy from Alphys's experiment."

I thought about what she said. The probability of him having void particles was larger than y/n's. He had no soul and his form probably latched onto void particles like no one's business. The testing though...would he want to go through something like that again? I don't completely understand what Alphys did to bring him back but...I have enough knowledge to guess.

"Would he even want to?" I asked.

"You won't know unless you ask. Although Flowey has been getting around to all of us so he might, but for now how about we go to Grillby's?"

"Alright...but what happened to the paper sack lunches?" I asked with a chuckle.

"I can't make those all the time, besides what else are we gonna do with your never ending tab?"

I chuckled again. I was with the best girl in the world and the best family in the world. They all understood my need to get my Dad back while not being offended that I still felt like I was missing something. That made me truly happy...'cause besides Papyrus and Y/n...my dad was everything to me. He mostly raised me but Papyrus didn't really know him. I wanted...no needed Papyrus to meet him and understand who he was.

Besides...Y/n said Dad looked at her like he knew her....what was that about?