Getting Gaster Home

Sans's P.O.V.

Flowey was grumpier than usual sitting next to me in the lab while Alphys and I brainstormed. We had gotten an area ready in her lab to open the portal but we were all stuck. We had something of the void, Flowey. Chara had a lot of determination and was willing to help after I had a small chat with them. They were as grumpy as Flowey about it but I wasn't that surprised. It was a big ask after all. They were also tethered to the surface now with their robot body. The thing we were stuck on was something of great importance. Who did it have to be important to? And what qualifies as 'important'?

Y/n came in with a tray of sandwiches and other small snacks.

"Still stuck?" She asked.

"Yeah...this is harder than I thought it was going to be..."

She giggled, "When has it ever been easy for us?"

"Hmm I guess you're right."

"Would you two shut up and just give me my food!?" Flowey snapped.

Y/n just smiled and gave him a little plant food, "You know I might give you a treat if you're nice."

Flowey growled but we knew he would comply, especially if it was y/n.

Chara walked in silently and we all turned to look at them. They were looking at the ground and fidgeting.

"I uh...dunno if this will work....but if it's okay with Azzy...I found this," they opened their closed hand and a chain unraveled with a gold heart locket hanging by it.

Flowey looked surprised and then scowled, "Whatever."

"Didn't you wear that all the time uh...back then? Are you sure you wanna give that up?" I asked.

"You need something important right? Well this is very important to me and...I believe it was to your dad too," Chara said.

I gave them a puzzled look as they opened the locket and took out a picture and showed me the one behind it. It was a picture of my dad, me, and...my mom.

"Dad gave it to me but...it was originally your mom's."

I looked at it intently. I wished I could take the photo out and keep it. It was the only thing I had that was my mother's let alone the fact that I don't even remember her face and it was right there in front of me. Dad was right...she was beautiful. 

I sighed, "Yeah, okay. Let's get this started then."

"First you all need to eat. We can't do much on an empty stomach," Y/n pointed out with a grin.

I nodded and she, Alphys, and I dug in to the food she had brought. After we were all done eating we situated Flowey and Chara. I wasn't sure how this would work but we were gonna try our best. Chara held Flowey and let their soul pop out in front of their robotic chest. It was weird like their soul was taking black mass from Flowey. It started forming a portal as a piece of Chara's soul came off. They screamed out in pain and the rest of their soul went back in their body.

Y/n rushed over and grabbed Chara's arm.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

Chara huffed out, "I'm fine," between breaths.

I looked at the portal with wide eyes. We had done it. Now we needed to grab my dad.

"Alphys stay here and monitor the portal," I ordered as soon as I got my bearings.

"A-alright." 

"Y/n, stay here with Alphys."

She looked at me conflicted but understood. She didn't want to go back in there after the last time she was as much as she wanted to help.

Chara handed Flowey to y/n with a grim look.

"I guess I have to go, huh?"

I nodded.

"Alright, let's make this quick."

I stepped into the void with Chara behind me. We must have opened the portal in the right place because Dad was right in front of us.

He looked at me surprised and then to Chara and back to me.

"🕈︎☟︎✡︎ ✌︎☼︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ ☟︎☜︎☼︎☜︎?" 

"We came to bring you back."

"✋︎ ✌︎☹︎☼︎☜︎✌︎👎︎✡︎ ❄︎⚐︎☹︎👎︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 💧︎⚐︎☠︎, ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 👍︎✌︎☠︎'❄︎."

"We can, we found your journal Dad. We have all the pieces we need."

He looked at me disbelievingly.

"Look, Papyrus and I need you Dad. Papyrus doesn't even remember you, like I don't remember Mom. I want our family back together again. I want Papyrus to know you, I want to know more about our mother, so please, let me do this or at least try."

He stared at me for a while. He then sighed, " ✋︎ 👍︎✌︎☠︎'❄︎ 💧︎︎❄︎︎⚐︎︎🏱︎︎ ✡︎︎⚐︎︎🕆︎︎, 👍︎︎✌︎︎☠︎︎ ✋︎?"

"Not this time Dad."

Chara walked towards him and with locket in hand, they touched Gaster. Instantly the locket disappeared and he started regaining his shape. He looked at his hands in shock.

"I...I'm me again! It worked!" he shouted excitedly.

I couldn't stop smiling, genuinely smiling.

"Your theory was right Dad, now we can go back home."

"The sooner the better," Chara grumbled.

The three of us then walked back through the portal.