Thirty Eight

Enjoy!!

It's already spring and everyone is enjoying seeing the sun again. The cool breeze hitting their skin. Blooming flowers on the street and subtle shine of sunlight.

Everyone is busy doing their own things. Business, school, vacation and everything.

But Namjoon is preparing for something else.

"Hi, this is Kim Namjoon, I just want to follow up my inquiry about the event place." He said over the phone. "Oh yeah, that's the date I prefer. It's for a wedding anniversary."

He's sitting on the couch while Seokjin is busy preparing their dinner. "Oh.. yeah, Hmm.. actually the I need to verify if it is allowed if the couple is same sex?" he asked.

The staff on the other line stuttered. It's not common for them to receive as call for an event for couples that is same sex.

Korea is quite sensitive when it comes to topic about homosexuality or people that belong to LGBTQ+ community. Usually couples choose to celebrate wedding or anniversaries in other country that is more open about it.

"Let me just verify that Sir, can I put the call on hold?" the staff politely asked. Namjoon said yes. He understand that the person he's talking with needs to verify that to her higher ups.

He willing to wait if Seokjin didn't suddenly come out from the kitchen. "Love, dinner is ready."

"A – actually I will just call another time. Thank you." He said then hang up the phone.

"Who is that?" Seokjin curiously asked. The younger's eyes were wide open, low key panicking. "N – no one. I'm trying to order something." He lied.

And the elder fell for that unwell delivered lie. "Okay, come on. Dinner is ready."

--

They are preparing for an upcoming meeting with the directors. This said meeting is to discuss the projects and plans that they need to accomplish this year.

Seokjin is busy reviewing the presentation and every reports that was submitted by the marketing team. He's already done but one document were missing.

"Mr. Kim? Can you help me please." He said to the intercom.

As much as they want to be a cute office couple, they decided that they need to act as professionals. This is a training for Namjoon so Seokjin want to teach him about work ethics, and flirting in the office is not a good example for the younger. So until 5 p.m., they tried their best to act as boss and assistant.

"Yes Sir?" the younger said when he enter the COO's office. "The report from the marketing team for the last quarter of last year, I need it." he said. Namjoon remembers that. That is the report that Mr. Kang submitted to him a few days ago.

"Let me help you." He said. He quickly walk on Seokjin's side and open the last drawer on his table. Namjoon remembered he placed that document in that exact drawer.

He's rummaging through the pile of folder and saw a same looking manila folder. The younger smile as he thought that this is the folder that his husband needed.

But as he saw the papers insides, it is not a report from the marketing department. It is a..

Prenuptial Agreement