☏ ORIENTATION

LOADING...

REBOOTING...

STARTING PROGRAM...

LOADING MESSAGE...

WELCOME, BATCH SEVENTEEN, TO YOUR NEWEST MISSION.

THE TASK ASSIGNED TO YOU IS NONE LIKE ANY OTHER. IT IS ONE OF HAZARDOUS DANGER THAT REQUIRES MORE THAN BRUTE STRENGTH AND THE USUAL OUTSMARTING AND WITTINESS. IT IS ONE, IF NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY, THAT CAN RESULT IN GRAVE INJURY.

IN SOME CASES, EVEN DEATH.

FOR IT IS A MISSION THAT ONLY YOU, THE SELECTED MEMBERS OF BATCH SEVENTEEN, CAN SOLELY OPERATE ON.

YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO TAKE DOWN THE GROUP TW, ONE OF THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE AND RAMPANT CRIMINAL GROUPS THAT ROAM OUR CITY TODAY, AND THE REASON FOR THE HEIGHTENED CRIME RATE IN THE PAST YEAR. THEY ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR MOTLEY OF HEINOUS CRIMES SUCH AS ROBBERIES, KIDNAPPINGS, FRAUD, VANDALISM, AND EVEN MURDER. WE TRUST THAT YOU, DEAR MEMBERS, ARE CAPABLE OF TAKING THEM DOWN AND PUTTING AN END TO THIS, ONCE AND FOR ALL.

AGENTS PARK JIEUN AND
MITSUKA KIRO ARE THE ASSIGNED MODERATORS FOR YOUR BATCH. TURN TO THEM FOR ASSISTANCE AND GUIDANCE.

WE HOPE THIS PROJECT WILL BE A SUCCESS. MORE POWER TO ALL OF YOU.

"...Sweet!"

The lights switch on to reveal the thirteen boys collapsed in the living room. Okay, maybe not collapsed, but definitely in a more horrified state of shock. After stepping in the house, Agent Jieun immediately ushered them to the living room to sit down, but there was a problem-there were only two couches that couldn't possibly fit all thirteen of them. They only got to sit down after three cat fights and a world war. When that was all sorted, Jieun then blocked out all sources of light without any warning, then played the orientation video.

If I were the one to describe it, absolutely nothing about it was really creepy- except for the fact that it was narrated in a deep, prickly, inhuman voice that could rattle your bones and shake your core, and that it rung throughout the entire house. So it is creepy, technically speaking. Seriously, what's with Park Jieun and mysterious voices and hidden speakers?

Alas, here we are now. They gazed back and forth at the fading television screen and Jieun, who stood smiling at the side. Then they proceeded to stare into the far distance while clutching each other like a bunch of bees, processing what just happened and what the hell that message was all about.

Except for Hansol, who's dressed in a star wars tee and a blue-and-green flannel thrown over him, headphones dangling around his neck. He stood on the couch, ignoring his traumatized friends trembling beside him and clapped his hands with the happiest grin on his face. "Sweet!" he exclaimed again.

"Sweet?" Jieun said in disbelief, shaking her head. "Hansol, I liked you the moment you picked up that pay phone and spoke in Japanese. But then we play a whole ass speech orientation to a deadly mission just for you to say sweet?"

He blinked at her. "I-I'm sorry, I take that back-"

"hA!" the agent yells in delight. "Makes me like you even more!"