THE PARTY.

"ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the opening gala for the amethyst!"

amidst the rushing lights and urban sprawl oozing over the big city, a certain hotel stood bright and tall, almost glowing in the dark night— there are limousines rolling up to the entrance, cameras flashing everywhere, and reporters eager to grasp any form of news from the assembly of stars from all over the world. if you're wondering why, well— this was the biggest party in the continent, after all, and who wouldn't want to have a taste?

"ah, it's been such a long time since we've been to a party as big as this!" one reporter exclaimed, black hair tied into a neat ponytail. she smiled widely at the camera pointed at her, vividly gesturing to the guests pouring into the hotel. "well, it's given that beautiful parties are a must, as expected with AWL group and their gorgeous new building.

her colleague chuckled. "that much is true, marga. this opening gala has been a widely awaited one, as there have been rumors that this building will be turned over to the long-lost son of angel line's ceo, who is a close friend of han group's chairperson!"

marga gasps. "is that so? then it would be a lucky night for us, lou!"

they both chuckle. "and we all know that's not the only thing we're waiting for tonight. there are plenty of prestigious guests coming through— going down the carpet are rappers colde and crush..."

"...there's miss chaerin lee, triple million-seller, in a stunning valentino suit!"

"—oh, and there they are! we also have the infamous fashionista couple, hyuna and dawn! my, my, are they looking gorgeous..."

marga and lou abruptly point at one couple strolling by. "ooh, that's cheonsa, co-founder of the han group— she's looking marvelous in that armani suit, by the way— and is that...?"

whispers roll by and it spreads throughout the place like a plague. fingers point, eyebrows raise, jaws drop, but they're all saying the same thing— it's yoon jeonghan!

except for that one bold wink he sent to a camera's way, jeonghan doesn't pay them much attention, only leading cheonsa by the arm and confidently striding down the carpet. but seeing the amount of eyes on him, he briefly runs a hand through his hair before entering the entrance doors— and the crowd swoons, rushing to take even more pictures. that made jeonghan smile. he always liked to keep the audience on their toes.

the camera continues to pan over the people passing by the red carpet. there are businessmen and women in designer gowns and suits, artists and actors and singers with diamonds on their neck and gold around their wrists. there's no room for dull outfits or tired, frowning faces: each person in the room— may it be the news anchors, cameramen, hotel staff, or the celebrities themselves— carried with them a certain air of pride and radiance, wearing their best smile on their faces. they knew full well that if there was a night to be the best version of their selves, it would be this one.

"so, it looks like that's all we have for tonight!" lou laughs after seeing celebrity after celebrity go down the red carpet. she and marga have been listing off names and striking up small interviews for the past hour, leaving them with the nearly empty driveway and watching luxurious cars drive into the nearing sunset. "the ballroom's jam-packed with all our favorite stars and celebs. shall we join them now?"

marga nods. "sure thing! now, as we walk here, there— wait a minute, is that another car coming up?"

marga and lou lower their mics and crane their neck to the approaching limousine. cameras shift, and the remaining guests in the middle of the carpet turn their heads, too— who else would be this late for one of the most exquisite parties ever?