☏ SEVEN

and the training commenced.

the day melts into a new sky, the sun breaking out of the surface and painting the world in gold. the days come and go, the alarms change-the sounds varying from RISE AND SHINE, PORCUPINES!! to GET YO ASS UP PEOPLE, IT'S SAVING TIME!!

the boys are loud as usual, and they complain a lot about their lack of other outifts. ("i swear, i'm this close to going down and stealing some clothes from the dressing room these days," eight would threaten.) mingyu still cooks breakfast, jihoon still ignores soonyoung, and chan and seungkwan still hate each other. things are flowing smoothly, going into plan.

if you were one of the agents, though, you'd notice something was odder than usual.

"hey guys!" jieun greets the following day, making sure to lock the glass doors once she was inside. it was a nice day to train, and she really hoped the alarms worked this time. she makes her way to the kitchen, cursing her long bangs for getting in the way-

wait, where is everybody?

there was no usual bickering and groaning coming from the table. no sleepy, zoned out teenagers shovelling rice into their mouths. the chairs were empty, the tables devoid of plates and glasses.

jieun panics, already flying around the room like peter pan. she checks the living room-no traces of past activity was there. only folded blankets and...a bowl of orange peels? huh, that's strange. she flies up the stairs. no one was there, too. all bedrooms were cleared. she peers out the window. not a single teenager loitering around.

they wouldn't be...escaping, right? she gnaws on her nails nervously, entering the house again and leaning against the dining table. then where the hell are they?

she grabs a chair and sits, pulling at her hair in frustration. where could they be? what happened to them? where the fuck, where the-

"oh?" her eyes land on a single piece of paper. "what's this?"

written in neat but hurried handwriting, the note said:

hi jieun! you'll probably get mad and lose your frickle frackle dizzle dazzle when you see this, but don't worry, we're not dead! we just woke up early to make kiro smile. first one to do so gets mingyu's special dessert and 200,000 won ;)

sebongs

jieun sighs, already getting up and rushing away. an exasperated smile grew on her lips as she entered the cabinet elevator.

well, i'm never the one to refuse a challenge, am i?

"and one, two-strike!"

the scene that greets jieun is certainly one that she wouldn't expect.

sure, she's only known the boys in a span of three days, but that was enough to memorize their behavior, right? and the thing going down in front of her was certainly not normal behavior.

because she burst through the doors to see jisoo and minghao standing face-to-face with their other group mates, teaching them form and technique and coaching them on how to get better in hand-to-hand combat-and if there was one thing that described these teens, it certainly wasn't teamwork and helping one another out.

"what are you all doing?" she breathed out, wiping the sweat on her forehead away. "you guys aren't going against the rules, are you?"