OH?

you wake up in a dark room.

where were you, exactly? how did you get here? those are the first questions to rise up in your brain. no other memory of travelling to this point in time and space comes back to you yet.

oddly enough, you do not panic. it feels safe here, in this seemingly tiny room where an upright chair supported your back, a bright beam of light falling in front of your eyes. particles of white spiral down like tiny little comets, travelling through the air until it spills on the surface of the steel table in front of you.

peeling your attention away from the light now, you whip your head around. you try to make sense of the situation you were in. were you being kidnapped? held hostage? fed a delicious bar of unsuspicious chocolate then tranquillised, only to be carried away by a bunch of oompa loompas? sadly, you still do not know.

but you do know that the room was not so dark after all, and that it had soundproof walls and one lovely little painting of a duck. your chair is wooden, and your shoelace is untied. you are feeling hungry. bits and pieces of information start coming back to you one by one. but not what your business in this place is. you still do not have information about that.

and then you see it.

you squint your eyes. attempt to look closer.

you see me.

wait, me? the incredibly annoying person behind the screen, typing away an attempt to share the story of a troupe of teens?

unfortunately, yes. it is indeed me who you meet.

"alright, i know what you're thinking," i say, sitting down across you with a cup of bitter tea in hand and a bunch of papers in the other. "why am i here? you literally just interrupted me from my fifth snack of the day or something. ah, let me tell you friend—i didn't bring you here. you brought yourself."

you blink. okay, maybe i did have a point.

"but still. what do you want me to do?" you ask. i chuckle for a bit, pulling at my crusty hair.

"i gotta give you this. it's kinda important."

i slide the papers over to your side. you catch it before it falls off the table. confusion muddles your brain for a moment as you read the paper. maybe even a hint of curiosity. if i was lucky, amusement and interest.

i sip my tea. "if you're wondering what that is, it's a list of music i compiled from your world. i figured it would go best with some of the scenes in here."

you raise an eyebrow as you near the end of the page. "wow, okay, music? not gonna lie, it's good, but—" there's a slight chuckle leaving your lips once you place the papers down—"it's quite...assorted, isn't it?"

"well, yeah, don't blame me. we have different music tastes. and i don't know whatever's popular in your universe." i snort.

finished with your reading, you tuck the paper in your sides and nod. "okay. well, thanks. i have a question though."

i down the last of my horridly bitter drink. "what is it?"

"well, you know...are you still going to threaten me for coming this far?"

a beat of silence passes. i sigh, putting down my cup. "you know what, i don't care. just read all you like, remix it, share it with your friends, i don't care. things have changed, and they still are rapidly changing— at every passing second, every passing minute in the universe. there is no time to waste, friend. we must keep on the move, be constantly on our tiptoes, and go with the changing tides."

you nod approvingly. "alright, cool."

"yeah. anyways, nice seeing you," i wave off, already standing. "remember to be careful. stay vigilant."

you try to stand too, waving a goodbye,

only to discover you weren't standing when you did so. you were sitting up— and you wake up from your sleep, recognizing it's all a dream. weirdly, though, there's something on your nightstand— or on the desk beside you, or at the foot of your bed.

you already know what's on it.

PROJECT: SEVENTEEN
ENDING PLAYLIST : THEME TRACKS

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
QUEEN

CALL CALL CALL!
SEVENTEEN
[level one to stage three: complete]

IMMIGRANT SONG
LED ZEPPELIN
[SIX]

NEITHER HERE NOR THERE
TOBI LOU
[imbalance and discord]

WICKED ONES
DOROTHY
[so, who are you?]

HEY BARBARA
IV OF SPADES
[ELEVEN and ELEVEN, PART TWO]

BOOMBOOM
SEVENTEEN
[operation: boomboom]

MY HAIR IS GREEN
015B, YOURA
[project: seventeen - execution]

I'M SO HOT
MOMOLAND
[the party]

HOME;RUN
SEVENTEEN
[the circus]

VANISHING PAYCHECK
STELLA JANG
[the clowns]

HYMNE À L'AMOUR
EDITH PIAF
[the hero]

INSPIRED BY
VILLAIN
STELLA JANG

WE NOW ENTER
THE FINAL ACT
OF OUR LITTLE SHOW.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE WORKING WITH YOU.