BEFORE YOU GO.

"yo, check this out."

after deciding that they weren't sleeping anytime soon, hansol, junhui, and soonyoung were decked out in the no-drinks zone for a round of mario kart sometime nearing the middle of the night. hearing the youngest call them out, jun and soonyoung pause the game and scurry over to where hansol stood.

"what's that?" jun asks, eyes peering wide. hansol had opened his twitter app, scrolling through the timeline. people were bursting about some group of teens running around and doing something— wait, they were bursting about them. the boys. and what their 'final act' could be.

soonyoung scratches his head. "uh bro, what's this supposed to mean?"

a smile appears on hansol's lips. "aha, okay. remember when we did mission not so possible and operation boomboom? so... i may or may not have gained the trust of the public and hacked some accounts to share our next steps...?"

that was enough to earn him a whack on the head. "dude! why would you do that?" jun hisses. "that's like, against the rules!"

"yeah, i know, but seeing where we're headed now, do we even care about the rules at this point?"

that was enough to make the boys consider. huh. after hearing soonyoung share mingyu's insights about the way things worked earlier, maybe breaking the rules didn't seem so bad right now.

"okay, you got a point." soonyoung says. "we're allowed to break all laws anyway. so... what do we do about that?" he gestures to the trending hastags and the violent spamming and counterarguments. "do we... do we just tell them to tone it down? i mean, because everyone's going wild, the real enemies might discover our next attack."

silence follows soonyoung's words. the trio thinks, debating on how they should handle the situation.

"wait." junhui says. he looks around for a moment, then meets his friends' eyes. "have you guys thought about how bigger our impact would be if we had help?"

soonyoung and hansol raise their eyebrows at jun, who'd hurried away to a computer and started logging into an account. "what do you mean by help?"

jun chuckles, gesturing for them to watch him. the two comply, and they stand behind jun to watch what he'd do. "look at it this way. this whole mission thingy— it's royally fucked up. i mean, based on our hypothesis that tw is extended even in the inside so they arent caught— if we wanted to really shake things up, to dent and chip the flaw away, we need a bigger team. people who know the struggle better than us. we need them so we can fight together, as one, to let our voices be heard."

junhui finishes with a click on the keyboard. an official company's account shows up on the screen, and he faces soonyoung and hansol with a smile.

hansol snickers and finger guns him. "now that's one hell of a speech, hyung."

the three bump fists, even doing a special broshake only the three of them could ever know. they get down and leave clues that only the youth of today can possibly understand— hidden in codes and memes that no one older could ever bother to look at and further decipher.

"you think this is good?" soonyoung wraps up the gist of their little activity. junhui and hansol nod, triumphant grins on their faces.

"this is great, you know." hansol remarks. bits of his dyed black hair brush in the way of his eyes. "we're gonna set everything on fire. and start anew."

jun grabs a soda bottle and passes it on to them. "we really are."

with an ecstatic grin, they clink their bottles— harboring a "let's fuck shit up, baby!"  from soonyoung, who shakes his head as he downs his drink.

LINK TO THE AU THREAD —>
do not comment on this line.