𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 8

𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 ~ 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 8
Y/n's
When I got to Buck's I ran straight up to my room. I was trying to get the perfect out when Dally walked in. "Why you gettin yourself all dolled up?" He asked. I proceeded to tell him that I had a date with Sodapop tonight. He helped me pick the perfect outfit. I had black ripped jeans, a black Metallica shirt, and a leather jacket like Dally's. I grabbed my switch just incase we ran into trouble. Dallas walked with me to Sodas house. When we got there we saw Soda sitting on the porch crying. "Soda what's wrong?! Why are you out here by yourself crying?" I said as I ran up to him. "Pony and Dar got into another fight and I couldn't take it anymore." He said while crying. I gave him a hug and he cried into my shoulder. I lifted his face and wiped his tears with my hands. I then got up on the chair I was sitting and and grabbed Soda's hand. "Come on, let's get to that date." He nodded and I told Dal to tell the gang we left. We were stilling holding hands while we were walking. Once we got to the drive-in, we got 2 cokes and 2 popcorns. We made our way to the seats and sat down. Halfway through the movie I laid my head on Sodapop's causing the girl behind us to gasp. They were flirting with him and I saw the look on his face. He didn't like those girls. That's why I put my head on his shoulder. Soon enough, he laid his head on top of mine. When the movie came to an end, we threw out our cups and our popcorns and left. We were almost home when we heard a mustang. "Can't they ever just leave us alone." I whispered to Soda. He shook his head no. The car stopped and of course, Bob, Randy, and his other friends got out of the car. "Hey, what's a pretty greaser like you doing with this DX trash." Bob said. They were drunk. "He's not trash, now why don't you just leave us alone. Go bother some other girls, I'm sure they'll want you." I said. I was surprised because those words make them go back to they're car speechless. "Wow. I didn't think that would work." I said in complete shock. By this time we were in front on the Curtis house. "Y/n, I have a very important question for you." He said. He seemed nervous. "Ok.." I said in confusion. "Will you be my girlfriend, Y/n Winston?" Soda asked. As he said that my jaw dropped. I didn't know what to do. I just ran into his arms and gave him a giant hug. "YES!" I said loudly. I pulled away from the hug, put my hands on his cheeks and pulled his face towards mine making our lips connect. We stood in the yard kissing for about 30 seconds until Dally pulled me away from him. "Really, we were having a moment, dumbass." He laughed but I stayed serious. "Too bad, I don't need y'all doing 'it' on the front yard alright." Dally said. I'm not gonna lie, I laughed a little after that one. I looked at Soda, grabbed his hand and walked to the door. "Ready to tell everyone?" He said. I nodded. We walked in and everybody stared at us. Sodapop make eye contact with everybody but Pony and Darry. I guess he was still mad. "Guys we have an announcement. Me and Soda are dating." I said happily. Everybody cheered. "Hey, you have to talk to them at some point, Pepsi." I said turning to him while rubbing his arm. "I know. It's just hard. I hate when they fight. Also, I like the nickname." He said putting his arm around my waist. "How about you go into your room, wait, and I'll get them in there so you guys can talk it out ok." I said to him. He nodded and said "Alright, thanks baby." He kissed my cheek and went into his room. I walked up to Pony and Darry. They hugged me and said congrats. "You guys need to talk things out with him. Please, just go into the room. Talk to him and settle things ok. He needs his brothers." I said straight up. I didn't want to stall. They nodded and went into the room. I wonder what they're going to say to him. Hopefully they don't start fighting in the middle of trying to make things up. I think that would be bad for all of us, meaning the whole gang.

Soda's pov.

When I went into the room, I sat down on my bed and stared at the floor until the door opened. I looked up and saw Pony and Darry walking through the door towards me. I had tears stinging my eyes. They saw I was on the verge of crying so they sat on both sides of me and hugged me. I cried while they said sorry. "Please just don't fight anymore. I hate when you guys fight because it's like I always have to pick sides." I said while crying. I wiped my eyes. "Ok little buddy, we're not gonna fight no more." Darry said. I hugged both of them again and wiped the tears on my cheeks. We stayed in there for a few more minutes talking about my date with Y/n and then we walked back down to the living room.