chapter 4- fear

"Ouch" I shrieked in pain, forcing myself in through the window, it was about midnight, my mom could barge in to check on me anytime now.

Rushing towards the wardrobe I pulled my top off, my skirt following right after. Dashing to the washroom I laced my face with a generous amount of face wash violently rubbing the makeup off.

I tied my hair up in a messy bun, throwing my pajamas on in a frantic manner before sprinting towards the study table pulling a random book out; opening a random page, breathing through my nose to soothe my uptight heartbeat.

"You're still up" the door opened as I heart my mom's low pitched voice. I hummed in response trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Go to sleep now" I could feel her standing behind me, glancing at the book I was reading, I prayed she won't ask what I was reading.

"I will in a while... Mom" I stretched my back yawning.

"Don't forget you medicine" with one final pat on my shoulder she left the room as I exhaled in relief.

*are you back home safely?* I smiled looking at my phone

______________________________________

"Mom what's for breakfast today?" i yawned as i sloppily moved down the stairs still in my pajamas and a messy bun.

She placed a plate of freshly made pancakes on the kitchen counter and glared at me like i owed her an explanation.

"What's wrong?" i mumbled stuffing my mouth with the pancakes

"I hope you are studying well, without being distracted" she spoke with a scowl.

"Come on mom I'm just tired can you not for once please" i spoke clearly annoyed my voice a bit higher than usual

"Don't forget everything we've done for you" she hissed in a threatening manner as i averted my eyes trying not to cry.

"You are late to school and this attitude won't be tolerated again" looking at the time i cursed myself internally as i rushed to get ready.

As i reached the school all the hallways were empty, judging by the time the second lesson must be about to end so i decided to wait until it ends so i can get into class before the teacher for the third lesson enters. I tiptoes through the hallways my eyes anxiously detecting for any figure.

I froze in my tracks, spotting Mr. Swenson hopping down the stairs, I dashed towards the closest safe place next to me that happened to be the boy's washroom.

My eyes went wide open as i saw Arron inside looking at me with the same confused doe eyes mimicking mine. For a moment i wanted to laugh out loud at his confused face that appeared extremely adorable but as i heard Mr. Swenson's footsteps get closer my anxiety grew.

His eyes shot wide open in realization as he comprehended the situation sensing my distress. Before I knew his large hand grabbed my wrist hauling me inside a stall with him, securing the door lock behind him.

I'm against the door, my head on his chest. He had his body supported by his arm on the door to support himself and he's close to me, way too close in fact, i could feel his steady heartbeat rise as every moment passed and felt my own accelerating as well.

"I think he's gone" he breathed out heavily as he tried to distance himself from me but the stall was really packed and didn't have much space. I could feel his body stiffen due to the nonexistent amount of space between us.

I looked up, our eyes meeting. My heart ached at the vulnerable and terrified look in his eyes. He was scared, terrified; fighting a war within him. His chest rose and fell hastily.