Chapter 72- numb

The moment he fell down, his body limp in front of me and his head oozing out blood. The world around me and turned into shades of red within a matter of seconds. His green eyes glanced deep into my soul before they were engulfed by darkness. My brother was dying before me and i couldn't move, i couldn't think straight.

The only thing that overwhelmed all my senses was Anna, she died just like this. by my father, in front of me, her eyes holding the same expression Adam had in his.

"ambulance" i shook my head, my eyes filled with tears.

"where's the ambulance, i need to call the ambulance" my body shook hectically but i still couldn't bring myself to go near him.

To cover his wound and stop him from dying.

I felt so helpless, so weak, so miserable and so guilty...i failed, i failed Adam.

I failed everyone that has ever loved me, everyone that has ever cared for me one bit...i lost them.

"phone? where's my phone fuck it?" Tears overflowed my eyes as i looked for my phone around me.

Forcing my body to move i reached my jacket not finding it even there.

cursing under my breath i crawled towards Adam's bloody body wearing my jacket in the process.

"wake up Adam, please wake up" i mumbled to myself slipping my hand under his limp body before wrapping his head up with a spare piece of cloth.

I walked out of the house with Adam's bloody body in my arms, my eyes falling on iris few steps away with my phone in her hands. A horrified expression taking over her face as she analyzed the situation.

"ambulance, call the ambulance please" I begged her laying Adam down on the back seat of the car as she called the ambulance while getting in my car on the back side, putting Adam's head on her lap.

"arron...for how long has he been bleeding?" Iris looked at me her face now drained out of color as i realized the expression on her face.

'no, that can't happen'

'it can't'

'it just can't'

-

We were in the way when the ambulance stopped mid road, along with iris i climbed in holding Adam's hand in mine bringing it to my face.

"Adam please live, you need to stay with me"

"you have such a bright future ahead of you"

"please don't die and make me imagine the future you could have, please grow up and show me"

"arron" i felt iris's hand on my shoulder, holding me reassuringly.

"he's lost a lot of blood, he was bought in too late" the nurse breathed out looking at us with a horrified expression.

'it was because of me, i wasted too much time, i couldn't move'

"what-what are the chances?" iris spoke from beside me.

'what is she saying?'

"what chances? he'll live'

"i'm sorry...let's just pray. we'll try- our best"

what's happening?

What's going on?

This can't be happening to me?