Chapter 6: Birthdays

It was MJs birthday in a few days, and Peter had no clue what to get her. She liked fashion, but Peter knew nothing about fashion. He knew nothing about MJ other than fashion and drawing, and she had a million drawing things. Peter decided to ask his mother, Pepper, what to get MJ.
"Mom?" Peter asked
"Yes dear?" Pepper said, looking up from her work.
"A friends birthday is in a couple days, and I need a good present. She likes drawing and fashion, but I do not so fashion, as you know," pepper snorted. "And though she loves drawing, she has to have at least two hundred different materials for drawing." Peter said.
"Okay, what about jewelry?" Pepper asked. Peter thought about it for a minute.
"I think a necklace would be cool." He decided. Pepper nodded.
"Alright, let's look at some stuff." She said, pulling up an expensive jewelry website. After looking for about half an hour, they settled on a necklace with a pen pendant. (Ha ha, get it? Pendant? No? Ok.) The next day, Peter picked up the necklace and wrapped it, planning to bring it in the next day to give to MJ. The next day at school, peter hugged MJ from behind.
"Happy birthday." He said simply.
"Hi, dork. Have you got me something?" She asked.
"Yep." Peter said, pulling the gift out of his backpack and giving it to MJ.
"Thanks, I guess." MJ said smiling.
"No problem!" Peter laughed. "Come on, it's time for class.
JD the time skip. (OoOoOoH Heather's)
MJ exited the school building and walked home. She opened the door with her key and entered.
"Mother! I'm home!" She called. She heard her mother in the kitchen, probably cooking dinner. She rushed upstairs to open her gift from Peter. She took her present our of her backpack and unwrapped it. She saw a box with a logo of an expensive jewelry store, Tiffany & co.
"Wow." MJ said breathlessly as she opened the box. It was a beautiful necklace with a pen at the bottom, and it had her name engraved in it. It was wonderful. That had been her first hint that Peter wasn't exactly a poor child.