Chapter 13: Conference Prep

Tony was nervous. Was his son really ready to be famous? He had a good life in high school. He didn't have to do this. But Peter was persistent, and Tony had already scheduled the meeting. It wouldn't go down well if he canceled showing them the heir to SI. Thompson industries was going to introduce there heir tommorow, and Tony had to be there. He would probably be shamed by the news if he didn't go. Be wished he could just stay home with Peter.
Peter, on the other hand, was estatic. He couldn't wait for the conference. He was totally prepared for it, to, thanks to Tony and Pepper. Act confident, answer questions, be you, be an adorable cinnamon roll. He didn't have to have a private life, but they didn't expect him to let the public see everything. Today was a lesson on actually running things. Going to meetings, Q and As, things like that. He sometimes would handle field trips, but nothing out of the ordinary. One day, he was leading a field trip through the R&D labs when there was a loud bang. Something had exploded. Again.
"One second people older than me, I have to go reprimand a few interns. Please stay here until I finish." Peter instructed before darting off. He came in on many interns scrambling to clean up the mess before a higher up came to look. They didn't notice Peter entering. "So." He said. All interns heads turned. "Who smashed the Hernum*?" He asked. The interns were stumbling over words.
"W- well," one began. "Charlie and I were- um- testing a new metal design. And it- it got a bit out of hand, flew a- across the room and, well, yeah." he said, motioning around him. Peter face planted.
"Of course." Peter said. "Charlie. Your a really valuable intern, but you need to be more careful. This is the fifth time this month." Charlie nodded vigorously. "I'll be going. I'll send construction over." Peter hopped back over to his tour.
"What was that?" A person in the the tour asked.
"Oh, that? Nothing much. Just an accident. Don't worry about it." Peter reassured. He got on with the tour. After the tour, his father, Tony, called him up to the lounge.
"I just heard that Charlie blew up a lab again." Tony said. "And he's still an intern?"
"It was his fifth strike. He has one left. And this one wasn't entirely his fault." Peter explained.
"Oh. Okay then. You have an intern session at four, by the way. Lab 76." Tony said. Peter nodded and headed down. It did start in 15 minutes.

___Line Breaker Heather Chandelor__

Peter entered the lab. About half of the interns were new, and half knew him. The newer interns started talking.
"Who are you? Why are you here?" One asked.
"I'm Peter Stark. I'm your manager." Peter said. The interns looked like they'd seen a ghost. Was this really Tony Starks son!?!? "Okay, let's get to it."
       REGINA GEORGE TIME SKIP

The interns were arguing. Why were they arguing? Because some people didn't get a sum, and needed it explaining, and some intern was calling them stupid. Finally Peter had has enough.
"Okay, SHUT UP!" He shouted. Everyone fell silent. "Stop acting like children. Come on, everyone who doesn't understand it, come over here." A quarter of the people stepped over to him. The intern, named Ken, continued to annoy them.
"Why waste time on people so stupid." Ken said. That was it for Peter.
"Alright, get out. You fired." Peter said, slamming his hands in the table.
"What!? You can't do that!" Ken shouted.
"Actually," Peter said, pulling up his ID. "Yes, I can. Go pack your stuff, and get the fuck out." Ken stood there for a moment before rushing out. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, disable Kens ID." Peter commanded.
"Yes, Peter." F.R.I.D.A.Y chimed. The other interns stared for a moment.
"Alright, back to the equation. Who knows what Hernum is?"

*Hernum is an element I made up.