Prom

Harry shuffled his feet awkwardly at the stop sign and his eyes immediately darted down towards the ground. He was so preoccupied with his own feet he forgot that you both were walking home from school.

"Harry," you began and his head shot up. His cheeks turned a light shade of red and you assumed it was because of the cold weather.

"Sorry." He immediately apologized for his actions and then resumed in staring at his feet. You sighed deeply and a puff of cold air left your mouth.

"Can I ask you something?" Harry began and his head peered up slightly. You nodded. "You have to promise not to laugh even if you find it ridiculous." He continued to speak and you nodded once more.

You weren't really sure about what he was going to say but it sparked your interest regardless.

"No Y/N, you have to really promise." He put emphasis on the word really and you knew what that meant.

You both simultaneously dropped your bags onto the sidewalk and began to do your ridiculous 'I promise' handshake. It was something stupid the two of you had made up when you were kids and it followed you throughout your high school years.

Once the ridiculous gesture was over you both casually picked up your bags and continued to make your way home from school. Harry sighed deeply and said, "I know this is going to sound so horribly weird but will you go to prom with me? As friends of course unless you want to go as something more..." his voice trailed off and you couldn't help but smiling.

You've known Harry since you were in diapers but you never not once saw him this flustered. It was quite adorable to say the least.

"Of course," you began and Harry's head slightly moved upwards.

"As friends?" He said slightly defeated. You shook your head no slightly, afraid that perhaps you rejection of going as friends would make things off between the two of you. Being friends for such a long time doesn't normally end well when it moves to be tested as a relationship.

"Or the second option..." you said softly without much conviction in your tone. You didn't want to see too desperate even though you longed to go with Harry was more than friends you just couldn't let him know that.

"I like that idea," he said with a shy smile. It was like you were both middle schoolers flirting. Everything was so new and so innocent. It felt good for some odd reason.

"Sounds like a plan." You said with a large grin and he returned the gesture and afterwards he turned a shade of red and looked back down at the ground, but this time you knew it wasn't because of the cold.