HALLUCINATION

............................................................................

My soulmate lives
but distantly and faraway;
and we can never touch
or ever even be in that way,
and I cannot say
that we are much alike—

Written by Cecil Cequin
Copyright to Cecil Cequin

............................................................................

...............
YOU
...............

It's almost late after the noon and you are still working in your office.

Working? More like over doing it.

Normally your company is very hush hush, it's not just any company by say, it's one of those that are under the leadership of an elder. An elder who has the same ability as anyone sitting in their cubicle.

The ability of not knowing and caring what your ability is.

You liked to call it as 'The Impartial Ability' just because it made it sound sophisticated rather than 'I dont care'.

But what came with this ability was that many of you or should you say all of you; unless soulmated; weren't able to feel anything, or hardly cared to feel.

It was like an instant reaction to any thing ot situation.

So you all worked in a place where you dealt with problems concerning human rights, worldwide rights. Call yourself lawyers or activists, you guys were all that.

......

You type on your laptop, clearing away the files of the old cases. If they were rejected or accepted.

You knuckles hurt and there was a slight pain all over your body. Most of the time you didn't acknowledge that not that you didn't want to but because it could create drama amongst your cabin mates who still weren't able to feel anything.

You shake your hands under the hood of the table and move your fingers around.

Just a little bit more and then you will be free, you think to yourself as you restart to type and fill the comment sections.

The clock keeps ticking towards night time and you feel fatigue capturing you all over.

You get up for a bit and walk around the hallways before grabbing a drink from the help yourself section and get back to your cabin.

Just as soon as the cool bubbly liquid enters your oesophagus, you feel your energy rises. Little bubbles entering your throat and some up your nasal structure.

You burp a little and then put down your drink to focus on your laptop.

"Agustus bloom" You repeat the name of a child juvenile and look at his picture.

Thats odd, he looks exactly like the kid you slammed into the other day. The kid who said those creepy words to you.

You shiver a little but look a little closely at his picture.