STRANGE

and the promise you have made
to stick with me in any country or far away state....

.........

......
YOU AND NAMJOON
......

You get up from the soft soil that has literally stuck everywhere on your body.

Not that the man in front of you wasn't clean.

You giggle as you find soil pieces stuck in his hair.

He rolls his eyes but pulls you closer to him by wrapping his arm on your waist.

"What's so funny?" He says cheekily and you stop your gigglings by placing your hand over your mouth.

He chuckles and starts to walk away but not before tangling his fingers with yours and pulling you along.

You both trudge on the soft ground, trying to find a path away from all the stalks.

"What's your name?" You ask looking at the connection between you both.

Its odd how there is no pain, no bizarre feelings except absolute bliss when you touch him.

And what's even more odd is that his touch alone ceases the rest of the touches that bring pain to you.

"Namjoon. Kim Namjoon" he looks at you with a smile.

Namjoon feels excited that you are trying to initiate a conversation with him.

Even though you haven't totally accepted him as your soulmate but the path was set and he was sure to make it clear for you further, as you walk down it.

"Kim Namjoon. Perfectly Korean" You giggle and Namjoon feels a blush rising in his cheeks.

"Perfectly Korean huh? There is more to that if you want to know" He winks at you and you almost wheeze but hold back.

She pulls at his arm, leaving his hand and gripping his lower arm. She starts to walk along him and for some reason Namjoon likes this much more that hand holding.

He feels as if the woman next to him is his equal. Like neither of them are pulling off of the other.

They both are in this together.

He smiles and pushes her hair aside from her face and looks at her with awe .

He focuses back at the rows of stalks that somehow start to form a path.

"You know when I first saw you, I thought you were so small that I could easily place you in my pocket" He smirks and you pout at him.

"No way I'm that short, you're just too tall" You say and sticks her tongue out like a little kid.

"Of course I am" He chuckles and places his other hand over yours on his arm.

You lean your head on his upper arm and feel the air hit your face.

Silence takes you both with a surprise.

Thoughts finally catching up with the both of you.

"How did we even get here?" Namjoon says and pushes a stalk aside and forces you to walk past it first and then himself.

"I don't clearly know but after falling through the floor, it was all darkness until I opened my eyes here" You squeeze your torso as you remember how scared you were in that black hole of absolute darkness and voidness of any feelings.

"Are you okay? I can understand how scared you would have been. I was too. Couldn't move, couldn't speak. It was almost insane" Namjoon touches you slightly on the small of your back and you quickly push past the small area between two stalks.

"I think I'm okay now. But Namjoon, why do you think we are here. What even is this place?" You look back at him and voice out your thoughts.

"I really don't know. Im still shocked that we just came here all of a sudden. What is even happening?" He says and finally finds a clear pathway that is leading out of the yard.

"I just hope this ends soon" You say as you skip a little and finally step into the solid pathway.

"Same" he takes your hand in his once again and start to lead you towards, anything possibly non dangerous.

"Do you see something?" You say and he clicks his tongue but keeps looking around in 360°.

While his eyes keeps roaming around, a cottage out of no where erupts from the ground and catches his attention.

He hurriedly notify his soulmate and turn you around to look at the cottage that seem to have some smoke coming from its chimney.

"We can rest there for a while and after that we can find our way around and guess what exactly is happening with us" Namjoon says and you nod your head at him before following him towards the cottage.

As you both enter the old cottage, the wood beneath your feet squeaks but thankfully doesn't give way.

You both are still holding hands as you enter into the small, warm space.

You look around it and see a living room attached with a small kitchen. A door leading to a bedroom and a door leading to a bathroom.

Namjoon sighs as he sits down onto the love seat sofa which is the only furniture in the living room.

You look towards the kitchen and find small containers and some shelves with some vegetables on it.

You sigh as you look at the food. Finally you could have some after almost 48 hours.

Namjoon must be hungry as well.

"Why don't I shower first and then cook something while you shower after me?" You suggest and Namjoon nods his head with his eyes closed.

You carefully enter the small bathroom with only one tap and a small area of showering.

There is a small soap and nothing else.

You carefully remove your old clothes and place them onto the side of the room where they could get as little as water as possible, enough so the dirt and grease leaves them.

You wash your body carefully and take out the molds of soil from your hair.

Namjoon gets up after you leave for the shower and examines the room.

He finds a small bucket in the end of the room which is filled with clothes. He picks it up and takes them out.

They seem to be some woman wear and some for men.

Its odd how the sizes even match his and his soulmates.

But keeping the curiosity aside he takes the clothes towards the bathroom.

He goes on to knock but the door creaks open on its own, enough for him to see a silhouette of your body drenched in water.

He gulps and looks away, respecting you.

"I, um....found some clothes" he says and pushes his arm into the bathroom while holding the clothes.

He hears you shriek and then grab the clothes from his hand and yank the door close.

You rest your beating heart against the door before looking down at the them tugged in between your hands, horrified at what you see.
...........

I love how the story is turning out so far.

Do give your feedback,
Vote and comment

Thank you and love you all,
Maham.