23 - Bygone

...

"Love"

...

"I'm in" Jin smiles.

Yes, it's late but the street foods run every odd times. Namjoon just need some fresh air. He just need to step out from the house, inhaling the cold winter night.

It didn't take them long to buckle up in thick layers of clothes. Jin to be exact wears layers of clothes, he dislikes the cold so it is understandable. Yes, Jin dislikes the cold but he enjoy it. It makes life more fun that way, enjoying something he dislikes.

A small stall, fish cake soup, spicy rice cakes and some fried foods. Simple but nice. They eat with a simple topic to talk to. At that time, Namjoon knows Jin is good at keeping him distracted from the thing that is bothering him.

He wonders once again, is it because he always distracting his mother before that he could easily do that to Namjoon? Just a thought, no big deal.

"I know a nice place around here, do you want to come?" Jin asks once they finished eating the food.

"My pleasure" Namjoon replies.

Then there they are, in the middle of a park. A quiet park, the lake is not frozen but it looks so cold. The greens are all covered by the pure white snow. It feels nice to be there.

"I used to come here once in awhile, it is nice being here" Jin says as he takes a sit at the snow.

Namjoon hums and joins Jin.

When Namjoon is lost in his thoughts, the action that keep him awake was Jin pushing him down to lay on the snow.

"Looks up, it will calm your mind" Jin says as he too, did the same.

Jin is right, it calmed his mind right that instant. Jin knows every little things in life yet he missed the big things.

"You can't sleep here especially not in this weather"

A small soft voice wake him up making him blinking his eyes open from his thoughts. The soft voice that holds no grudge, the sincere voice.

"I'm not sleeping, just thinking about something"

The replies Jin got as Namjoon is brushing off his clothes from the snow, Jin too did the same. The already spent much time there, it's time to go home.

"Is the scar still there?" Jin asks out of the blue while both of them are walking.

Namjoon stops looking at the ground, instead he looks up making his eyes the same level as Jin. How is it possible that this man in front of him hold no grudge against him and his brothers after everything they did?

It is not only that, they risk his future life from the first moment they dragged him with force to their place.

Namjoon rolls up his sleeve, showing Jin his forearm.

"There is nothing, it's alright" Namjoon replies.

Jin sighs in relief making a small puff of air out from his mouth due to the cold weather. It's cute though.

"I've been observing, you got a lot in your mind. Just take a break, no one will get mad at you because of that" Jin says while walking.

Namjoon nods, the kind of nods which has nothing in it. Not that he agree nor he has anything to say, it just a gesture to the statement.

"My mother said it was okay to take a break when things get hard but she says to never give up. Mistakes is alright, that is what it makes you human. Mistakes, frustration, pain, emotions" Jin says.