Alone

(JK POV)

We came back to the dorm after a day full of promotions and shootings. All of us were exhausted. Everyone locks themselves up in their own rooms to get some rest.

The place was almost completely silent. I sat alone in my room.

Left alone with my thoughts, my heart wasn't at ease. I have a lot of worries these days. I worry about things that someone my age shouldn't be worrying about.

I worry that I didn't choose the right path. My job is to entertain people. Yeah, it makes a lot of money, but it comes with all of these strict rules.

My friends from outside of the industry have it all planned out. Some of them are married already. Some have already started families. I haven't even thought about having a significant other until recently.

Being an idol isn't exactly what it's all cut out to be. You get tired of it after so long.

But I can't just stop. I'd let down so many people. I just have to stay strong and keep going. I need something to get my mind off of all this.

I fall back onto my bed and swipe open my phone.

I open up the app store to look for some games or something to keep me entertained, but I stumbled across something else.

It was a social app. I read the short description.

"Meet new people, socialize, and make friends in your area"

I scrolled through the reviews. People seemed to like it, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I hit download.

I open it, but pause when I get to the first page.

CREATE ACCOUNT

Name:

Age:

Set Location?: Y/ N

(Optional) Interests:

Well I obviously can't use my real name. I'd either have people constantly contacting me or people constantly accusing me for impersonation.

I thought about another name I could use, and then I remembered that one question we were asked in an interview.

"If you had an English name, what would it be?"

I had said "Justin Seagull".

I typed in my answers.

Name: Justin S.

Age: 22

Set Location?: Y

(Optional) Interests: Music, sports, games, photography, video production

There was also an option to add a photo, but I don't think that's such a bright idea in my case so I left it blank.

I clicked "confirm" and created my account.

It automatically came up with a bunch of people in this city who have similar interests.

I immediately started chatting with random people just to get a feel for the app.

Justin: Hi nice to meet you

*****: hello, you're from **** too?

Justin: I live here, but I was born in Busan

***** : oh cool

I had fun chatting with people, but none of them seemed like they wanted to be friends. They were just bored like me.