𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Phillis sat on the sands of the glorious beach by Cair Paravel

Phillis sat on the sands of the glorious beach by Cair Paravel. The now ten year old twins splashed each other in the blue seas. Lucy and Dariyah chased them around the waters. Peter and Elmer sat with Mr. Beaver, sharing stories and jokes of old. Susan and Mrs. Beaver sat in the shade of the cliff face and Mr. Tumnus stood at the shore, laughing at the women and two children playing in the sea. Edmund and Phillis sat with Cobalt. The leopard lay, his eyes closed slightly as he soaked up the Narnian sun.
"It's so nice, just seeing everyone happy for once," Edmund muttered.
"What do you mean?" Phillis furrowed her brows at him.
"I just mean that everyone is so stressed all the time. It's nice to see everyone just let loose," he shrugged, glancing up at her.
Phillis nodded, laying down to rest her head on Cobalt's stomach. "I would lie here forever, if I could," she sighed.
"Wouldn't we all?" Cobalt mumbled.
"Cair Paravel looks so nice from here," Edmund said, staring at the glorious castle.
Suddenly, Reina emerged from the sea, plopping herself down next to Phillis. She reached for her book she'd brought with her - ever since Phillis had spoken to the twins about books five years beforehand, Reina had become obsessed with the things. "What are you reading now, Cassie?" Edmund asked the young girl.
"A book about sea creatures," she replied.
"What sort of sea creatures?" Edmund asked.
"Ones that live in the sea," she replied sarcastically, causing Cobalt and Phillis to laugh and Edmund to roll his eyes.
"What happens when we die?" Reina asked no one in particular.
"If you've been good, you go to Aslan's Country," Cobalt replied.
"What's it like there?" Reina asked.
"I don't know," Cobalt said. "I've never been hence why I'm not dead."
Phillis chuckled, her eyes fluttering closed. She just lay in the moment for a second, absorbing the loving vibes of everyone surrounding her. She'd never felt happier.
Unfortunately, all of that was soon to change and they were all completely oblivious.