𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Phillis let out a sigh of relief when Edmund emerged, unscathed, from the now gone head of the ship's dragon

Phillis let out a sigh of relief when Edmund emerged, unscathed, from the now gone head of the ship's dragon. "I'm still here!" Ed yelled.
Lucy fired an arrow that hit the serpent just beneath, if not in, the eye. It let out another ear-piercing screech. It made another grab for Edmund, who slipped and fell to the ground, which seemed miles below. "Edmund," Phillis called, running to his side. She dropped down next to him, checking him over for any serious injuries. "Are you okay?"
It took him a moment to respond. He nodded weakly. She let out a sigh of relief, kissing him in a frenzy. She helped him up. They turned to look at the serpent, who seemed to open up its torso - exposing thousands of little flailing limbs. It glared down at Edmund, who seemed in a sort of trance. "Move!" Phillis yelled, pushing Edmund out of the way.
It was a good thing she did, because the serpent went for Ed. Luckily, it missed him. Phillis grabbed one of her swords, slicing off one of the weird limb things. It let out a wail of pain, recoiling. They looked at the limb, that turned into green mist after a moment. With gritted teeth, Caspian said, "We can beat this."
The serpent grabbed the mast, yanking at it. "We have to get it closer," said Edmund.
"All hands to the main deck," ordered Drinian.
"Ready the harpoons!" called Caspian.
Phillis had a weird moment of confidence. It was the adrenaline rush she promised Tommy. Speaking of Tommy, he was busy with a few other crew members, he'd been equipped with a harpoon. She ran towards a rope, swinging round and landing on one of the rope ladders. The crew armed with harpoons launched them into the creature's chest. They began to pull it towards the ship, as Phillis climbed up to the crow's nest. She was level with the serpent's face. Drawing both her swords, she glared at the creature. They had a plan, and if it were to fail, she was sure she would leave with some nasty injuries. But she'd fought in wars before in Narnia, leaving with a wound every time. She was determined to prove that she was stronger than some mist that took the form of people's worst fears. She wasn't afraid anymore.
Phillis drew both her swords, pointing them at the sea serpent. It waved about, slamming into the crow's nest. It knocked Phillis to the ground, but with a huff, she got back up. Then, a voice came. Elmer crept around the side of the mast. "Phillis," he whispered. "I only left because of you. I couldn't stand to be around you anymore."
He floated away, her father emerging in his place. "You hate me? I risked my life for you. And I get 'I hate you' in return? You're sick, Phillis."
He vanished too. She let out a shaky breath when Edmund stood by her. Not the real Edmund. But rather the green mist. "Lucy and I are glad we went to Cambridge. We needed to get away from you."
Distantly, she heard Caspian order her to do it. But she couldn't move. She was stuck in a trance, staring at Edmund telling her how much he hated her. "Come now," he smirked. "Did you really think I could ever love someone like you?"
She stared blankly at him. His eyes were alight with mischief. "Unless you come with me. Prove yourself worthy of my love. Just take my hand."
His hand was outstretched. Phillis almost took it. "Just give in," he said. "Who are you trying to impress? Me?"
"Do it!" screamed Caspian.
Whatever trance Phillis was trapped in, she broke free. She turned to the sea serpent, her swords shining. Blue glowed off them, lighting up the crow's nest. The serpent screeched at her. "Come on!" she yelled, she just needed it to get close enough.
It let out a last holler, before diving at her. It's jaws opened, and she pushed her swords into the roof of its mouth. She pulled them out with a rough tug. The serpent fell backwards and the green mist in the form of Edmund vanished. The sea serpent fell into the water, and just like that, it was gone.
As Phillis was climbing down from the nest, she heard Lucy call her name. She looked to the girl, seeing Tommy and Edmund stood next to her. Caspian was sitting up from the floor. "Look!" she grinned.
Phillis turned, the dark skies were disappearing. Boats of the lost Narnians appeared from the fluffy, white clouds. "Narnians! Narnians!" cried Caspian.
She stood next to Edmund, leaning into his side. The crew cheered. She heard Gael cry for her mother, then jump into the blue depths below. Her father quickly followed. Phillis couldn't help but smile at the sight. Edmund looked down at her, giving her a tight squeeze.
"Let's have them on board! Clear the decks!" ordered Caspian.
The king arrived next to Phillis, Edmund, Tommy and Lucy. "We did it," Lucy grinned. "I knew we would."
"It wasn't just us, though," smirked Tommy.
"You mean?" Caspian said.
"Hey! Hey! I'm down here, Lucy! Over here!" the familiar voice of Eustace cried.
Caspian, Phillis and Lucy turned to see what all the fuss was. Sure enough, Eustace was in the water, smiling like he never had before. "Eustace!" Lucy exclaimed.
"I'm a boy again! I'm a boy!" he called.
Tommy and Edmund arrived at the trio's side, staring down at the water.
"Eustace! I see your wings have been clipped!" grinned Reepicheep. "Ha, ha!"
The mouse leapt into the water, paddling alongside his newfound friend. "Where sky and water meet, where the waves grow ever sweet," sand Reepicheep. "It is sweet. It's sweet! Look, look!"
There was something shining in the distance. Phillis stared at it for a moment. Edmund turned to Caspian. "Aslan's Country. We must be close," said the Narnian king.
"Well, we've come this far," said Edmund.