𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

There was a buzz in the air as the Pevensies and Virginia sat in Ed and Phillis' house

There was a buzz in the air as the Pevensies and Virginia sat in Ed and Phillis' house. They'd all come to discuss the wedding and what the plans were. Everyone insisted that Susan didn't have to come as it might be a bit triggering for her, but she insisted that she wanted to 'stop her favourite brother from making any bad decisions', much to Peter's disgust. It wasn't that she was over Elmer, it was just that she was readier to face the world without him. It was progress, and everyone was beyond proud of her.

Attention quickly turned to Phillis, who was sat next to Lucy, the younger girl cuddling Rum tightly. Virginia had a glass of wine in her hands, leaning by the fireplace. "So, who are you going to ask to walk you down the aisle?" Helen asked.
Phillis took a moment. She'd been thinking about this very question for about a week and had finally come to a decision she was happy with. "I was thinking," she looked at the boy, "of asking Peter?"
Everyone turned to see his shocked face. He was almost reduced to tears as he nodded, standing up to hug the brunette girl. "I would be honoured," he smiled down at her.
It was a lovely sight.
"And bridesmaids?" Virginia asked.
"Su and Lu, obviously," she looked at the two sisters, who grinned back at her.
The talk of the wedding got the entire family waiting eagerly for the agreed date. October 20th. They only had to wait five months and five days. But when the day came, it was a truly a beautiful one.

The church seemed so small now that Phillis was getting married. It seemed much bigger when her and Ed picked it as their venue. Virginia, clad in a gorgeous pale pink dress, lead the way down the aisle. Lucy and Susan, dressed in flawless cherry blossom coloured dresses, followed after sending a supportive smile Phillis' way. She looked at Peter, who had his arm linked with hers. "Your father would have been proud," he told her with a knowing smile.
"Maybe he's a bit jealous that you're walking me down me down the aisle," she joked, causing him to chuckle.
"You ready?"
"Yep. I'm just getting married, no big deal."
The doors opened once more and everyone turned to look at Phillis and Peter. Her dress was gorgeous but she looked even more gorgeous. The two walked down the wide aisle slowly, smiling subtly at people. They passed the Professor and Mrs. Macready, through whom's spectacles you could see the joy in her eyes. Tommy and Irene were there too. Alberta and Harold sat with Helen and Mr. Pevensie. Eustace had agreed happily to being Edmund's best man. Freddie and Rose - now husband and wife - sat amongst the crowd too. It seemed that everyone that Phillis and Edmund had ever cared about, at least the people who lived on Earth, were there with them. Even Ralph and Elmer.

Peter gave Phillis away. She smiled up at Edmund, who couldn't get over how incredible she looked. Her red lips were parted slightly, for she was particularly overwhelmed. The elderly pastor stood in between the two lovers. Edmund and Phillis exchanged their vows full of how much the other meant to them. "Do you, Edmund Pevensie, take Phillis Opal to be your lawful wedded wife? To have and to hold, from this day forward for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part."
"I do."
"Do you, Phillis Opal, take Edmund Pevensie to be your lawful wedded husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part."
"I do."
"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," he said.
Edmund grinned, lifting the veil over her pretty head. He lent down and kissed her. Their friends and family applauded and cheered for the happy couple. Ed's hands snaked around her waist as he pulled her close.

And, for the first time since they'd gone, Phillis wasn't thinking what it would be like if her father or her brother had been there to witness the moment. She was thinking about her and Edmund and nothing else.