𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

The group sat on a small wooden boat, rowing through the water that was coated in what looked to be lilies

The group sat on a small wooden boat, rowing through the water that was coated in what looked to be lilies. Beautiful, white crisp blooming lilies stretched on for as far as the naked eye could see. The sun shone brightly, like it did when they returned to their world both times before. Phillis knew this was the end for them, and she guessed it was more than likely going to be her last time in Narnia. She threw her head back, soaking up the sweet Narnian sun, listening to the sound of the water moving around the boat. Perhaps the sweetest sound of them all, was the soothing silence. Tommy eventually spoke up, "So, what was it like when Aslan changed you back?"
"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really," said Eustace. "I'm so sorry for being such a sop."
"It's okay, Eustace," Edmund replied, rowing the boat with Caspian.
Phillis sat at the back of the boat with Lucy, whilst Tommy sat next to Eustace.
"You were a pretty good dragon," Phillis chuckled, placing a comforting hand on Eustace, who laughed quietly's, shoulder.
"My friends, we have arrived," Reep declared from the front of the boat.

They walked towards the large wave that stood at the edge of a long stretch of beach. It was moving, but not forward. "Aslan," said Eustace.
They all turned to see where he was looking.
"Welcome, children. You have done well," said the great lion. "Very well, indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end."
"Is this your country?" asked Lucy.
"No," he gestured to the wave, "my country lies beyond."
"Is my father in your country?" asked Caspian.
"You can only find that out yourself, my son. But you should know, that if you continue, there is no return."

Caspian hesitated, walking towards the tall wave. He stuck his fingers through the water, breaking it slightly. He pulled his hand away, and turned back to his friends. "You're not going?" asked Edmund.
"I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for. I spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. A people," he turned to Aslan. "I promise to be a better king."
"You already are," the lion replied. "Children."
"I think perhaps it's time we went home, actually, Lu," said Edmund quietly.
"But I thought you loved it here," she said, a hurt expression masking her face.
"I do. But I love home and our family as well. They need us."
Reepicheep cleared his throat from behind Phillis. He bound towards Aslan, bowing. "Your Eminence, ever since I can remember, I have dreamt of seeing your country. I've had many great adventures in this world, but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy but with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes," Reepicheep said.
Phillis smiled. She thought that the mouse was more than worthy of seeing Aslan's Country, for he was one of the bravest people she'd ever met. "My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their bearers be," smiled Aslan.
"Your Majesty," bowed Reepicheep.
"No one could be more deserving," said Caspian.
"Well, I-" the mouse began.
"It's true," Phillis cut him off before he could say anything further.
With tears in her eyes, she bowed. She had never met anyone more deserving of a bow in her life. Reep smiled, bowing himself. She would hug him, but she thought that perhaps bowing would be a nobler send off for the kind mouse. Understandably, though, Lucy wanted a small hug. "May I?" she asked, kneeling down beside him.
"Well, I suppose. Just this-" the girl cut him off by squeezing him tightly.
He chuckled, "Goodbye, Lucy."
Lucy placed him back down gently. Tommy and Eustace sent each other a glance before kneeling beside the unlikely soldier. "Don't cry," he said to the two boys.
"I don't understand," said Eustace. "Will we not see you again? Ever?"
"What a magnificent puzzle you are, and true heroes. It has been my honour to fight beside such brave warriors and great friends," said the mouse.
He turned to Phillis. She looked at the ground, thinking perhaps it would help hide her tears. "It has been an honour to fight alongside one of my greatest heroes," the mouse said.
She looked up at him, a smile breaking through her glum expression. "We never did get to have that duel, did we?" she chuckled.
"No, we didn't," Reepicheep smiled.
"It's okay. I reckon you would have won anyway," she grinned.
"Yes, I think you're quite right," he joked, causing the group to laugh.
She looked away, wiping her tears with the sleeves of her tunic. Phillis desperately wanted to hug her small friend, but she knew he didn't like hugs. She'd only ever hugged him once. There was a pause, then she felt small arms wrap around her leg. She glanced down, seeing Reepicheep hugging her long leg. It was a sight to make anyone tear up. "Thank you, Queen Phillis, for inspiring me," he said.
With that, he bound towards the blue wave. Edmund wrapped an arm around her waist, squeezing her tightly. She was silent as hot tears trickled down her face. She knew this was coming, so she wasn't quite sure why she was getting so upset. He placed his rapier into the sand, and hopped into a little boat. He rowed over the top of the wave and out of sight. Phillis hugged Eustace tightly, who seemed to be just as badly effected by Reepicheep's disappearance as she was. She hugged the boy tightly. She knew he needed it. She knew they both needed it. Aslan turned back to the group of five. Phillis gulped, not wanting to say it, "This is our last time here, isn't it?"
"Yes," Aslan said. "You have grown up, dear one. Just like Elmer."
"Will you visit us in our world?" Lucy asked.
"I shall be watching you, always," he said.
"How?" Lucy asked, choking up.
Phillis leant into Edmund's warm touch.
"In your world. I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason you were brought to Narnia. That by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."
"Will we meet again?" asked Lucy.
"Mhm, yes, dear one. One day," he nodded.
Aslan turned to Phillis. "Phillis, child. I hear of your insecurities. Your battle scars," he said. "I, if you wish, can remove you of any scars. Only if you wish."
They all looked at her. She thought for a moment. If she was two years younger, she would have taken the opportunity at the click of a finger. But she was older now. "Thank you, Aslan. But I think I'll keep them," she smiled gratefully at the lion.
Ed squeezed her hand tightly. Aslan smiled, bowing his head. He'd wanted her to say that. He would of removed them if she'd have asked, but the important thing was, was that she'd learned to accept them and learned to accept herself. There was a shadow of a smile on Aslan's face. He bowed his head, before letting out an almighty roar. The noise opened up a sort of tunnel in the wave. "You're the closest thing I have to family. And that includes you two," he said, looking at Tommy and Eustace.
"Thank you," Tommy smiled.
Edmund and Caspian looked at each other, before pulling the other into a ridiculously tight hug. Ed turned to Aslan whilst Caspian and Lucy shared a sweet hug. Edmund bowed his head at the lion, who copied his actions. "Thank you," whispered Phillis.
"It's a pleasure to have met you," he smiled.
Lucy and Phillis hugged the lion. They cried into his large mane. Only days ago, Phillis wanted nothing more than to return home, but now she knew she'd miss Narnia more than anything in her life. When the two girls pulled away from the big cat, Phillis pulled Lucy into her, offering her a shoulder to cry on. Phillis stood in front of the wave with Lucy and Edmund. "Will we come back?" Eustace asked the lion, Tommy stood by his side.
"Narnia may yet have need of you," said Aslan.
The two boys nodded, turning back to the three stood by the tunnel. Edmund slipped his hand into Phillis' as she looked up at him. "I'll see you when you return to London," she whispered, stroking his cheek.
"I'll miss you," he told her, kissing her. "I love you."
"I love you too," she mumbled, pulling him in for a hug.
Phillis' heart ached as they walked into the tunnel. With her hand linked with Edmund's she felt safe. She couldn't bring herself to think that she was really never to return to Narnia. The group of five turned back to look at Caspian and Aslan. The gap in the tunnel closed and they were gone. Narnia was gone. She could no longer feel Edmund's hand in hers. Phillis swam to the surface of the water. When she emerged, she took a big gasp. Tommy was next to her, a slightly dazed look on his face. They were back in the swimming pool, the elderly couple gave them a weird look at the large gasps they'd both taken. She looked at him and broke down. Tommy pulled her close, telling her it was all going to be okay. And she knew it was. "It's really gone," she whispered.
"It's still there," he told her. "Maybe we should come back another day? I think we're both a little tired."
She nodded.
Phillis certainly was tired and she was sure her eyes were red from all the crying she'd done in the last hour.
When she got home, she sat down at her desk, pulled out a sheet of parchment and a pen, and wrote a letter to Edmund.