Family of Three

[August's song at the top, Madelina's at the bottom]

"August!" Madelina cried with a groan.

August stumbled into the room, midway through brushing his teeth. "Wha?"

"My water broke."

His eyes widened and he threw his toothbrush into the sink and grabbed the baby bag they'd packed.

He drove to the hospital and Madelina was taken to a room where she, unfortunately, had to wait awhile before she was able to deliver.

August sat by her the entire time, and did his best to help her through contractions.

Madelina went through several hours of contractions. She'd originally declined an Epidural, then decided to get it.

Hours passed and Madelina was dilated enough to deliver.

August held her hand as she pushed.

About an hour later, the cries of a new baby filled the room.

August smiled as the doctor said, "Congratulations. It's a boy."

The baby was laid swaddled and placed on Madelina's chest.

She wrapped a gentle arm around her newborn son and kissed his tiny head. "I already love you more than you'll ever know."

August stroked his son's head as he said, "Thomas. Thomas what, baby?"

Madelina frowned as she took a moment to think. "Thomas Benjamin Wright."

"Benjamin. Are you sure?"

She nodded. "I'd like to keep at least one family name."

"Welcome to the world, Thomas Benjamin Wright," August said softly. "We're glad to finally meet you."

Thomas Benjamin Wright