interview

Tags: Smut! Jungkook x Reader, chill gamer Jungkook, you're stressed tf out, oral is the best distraction, Taehyung and Jin are there too, perspective changes halfway through (can you tell where?), Kook has Spider-Man sheets uwu

Word Count: 3931

You shuffled through the spread of papers in front of you, feeling your heartbeat quicken in your throat when you couldn't find the piece of information you were searching for.  The more you looked, the more panicked your movements became. You didn't realize you were loudly crumpling your notes until Jungkook swiveled in his chair to look back at you, moving his headset off one of his ears and pushing his long hair back in the process.

"Babe? You okay?" 

He only let his sparkling, wide-eyed gaze linger on you for a second, quickly turning back to his television screen, the controller in his hands clicking manically as he kept up with the campaign he and his friends were finishing up. 

"Mmhmm..." you hummed as you continued your search. 

You cursed under your breath as you saw that one of your papers had torn slightly, and you felt your anxiety tighten your chest.  You were ten times more nervous for your phone interview than you would have been if it was in person.  There was something about having to make an impression with only your words that made you uneasy. 

Of course, you had prepared adequately, taking extensive notes on the company's mission statement, the services they provided, the executive director's personal history, etcetera.  But you still felt as though you were going to miss something, that they would somehow trip you up in a way you weren't expecting.

That twinge in your gut was the reason you were sitting cross-legged on Jungkook's bed, your notes spread out across his Spider-Man sheets rather than your desk at home.  For some reason, you got the most done in his presence, whether he was doing homework with you, playing video games, sleeping, or just staring at you while you crammed information into your brain, making comments about the cute faces you made while you read. 

Your interview was in less than half an hour, and you planned on taking the call in Jungkook's living room just outside of his bedroom, not wanting to wander too far from his calming energy.

"Babe!"

His voice cut through your internal chaos, and your head shot up to look at him.  He was still facing his screen, but his head was turned slightly to the side, and you could tell he was puckering his lips, silently asking you for a kiss. 

You huffed out a breath as you pushed some of the papers to the side, scrambling up from his bed.  Once you shuffled over to his side, you pulled his headset's microphone to the side so you could place a quick peck to his lips.  He smiled contentedly without moving his eyes from his game, and you hurriedly returned to his bed.

"You're going to do great.  Stop worrying so much!" he said as you settled back into his mattress.

You only grumbled in response.  He was being supportive, but you couldn't ignore the pit in your stomach.  A quick glance to his bedside clock told you now there were only twenty minutes until you were expecting the call, and your palms began sweating. 

"I just feel like I'm missing something.  I don't feel prepared enough."

Jungkook didn't respond to you, he only barked something into his headset about reviving Jin too many times and carrying the team on his back.

Gathering your crumpled and disorganized notes, you sucked in a deep breath through your nose, held it for a few beats and then let it out through your mouth.  You closed your eyes and ran through a few of your calming mantras, but the pit in your stomach remained.  Tears threatened to well up in your eyes, and you squeezed them shut even tighter, dropping your notes back onto the bed and letting your head fall into your hands.