Arrests and Moving Out

Miranda's POV

"Wait, are you seriously telling me you think I made this up? How in the world do you even think that's possible?"

"It is possible miss, your brain has a hard time deciphering what's real and what isn't when the body is intoxicated.

I couldn't believe they actually didn't believe me!

"I think that's enough for now. Can you please leave so she can get some rest?" Jordan asked them nicely.

They nodded and put their notes away before leaving the room.

The doctor came in shortly after and did his daily check in with her.

A Few Days Later...

Jordan's POV

Miranda had been doing a lot better within the next few days and that couldn't make me happier. Her bruises were still there, but her headaches were getting better and less painful and she was slowly becoming less dependent on her medication.

The doctor and nurses were also happy with the results and shocked at how fast she was able to recover. The police were still outside her door, trying to wait for the slightest moment to come in and interrogate her-that's what it felt like now.

"Here are the papers for your release Miss. Miller." The doctor said, handing her the papers.

"Thank you doctor, for everything and all the help you guys were able to give me." she said with a smile.

She got out of the bed and went to change into the clothes from the night she came in.

Seeing this, the police walked in, "I'm sorry miss, we need those clothes as evidence."

"I thought you got all the evidence you needed from the rape kit! These are the only clothes I have!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry miss, we need to take it." the officer said.

"I have an idea." I said, chiming in.

"Why don't you follow us to her house, so she can change and you guys can get the clothes?"

They looked at each other for a moment before speaking, "We aren't supposed to do that, but seeing the circumstances, we will make an exception.

She went to change and we left shortly after.

When I told her about the hospital releasing her into my care, she seemed really happy and I was glad. It helped in such a big way that I could watch over her and be there for her more than ever now. I made a promise to myself then that I would always protect her no matter what happens.

As we were walking out we noticed a pair of paramedics wheeling in a patient on a gurney. Miranda turned around and ran to the officers who had stopped to talk to the doctor.

"It's him, that was my attacker." she said panicking.

One of the officers walked over with her to the patient who was waiting with a paramedic to enter. He whispered something into the paramedics ear and went around to face the patient.

"Excuse me sir, I am officer Stan Jacobs and I have reason to believe that you were involved in a kidnap and rape a few nights ago."

"That bitch deserved it, you should have seen the way she was dressed." he commented.

I couldn't stand hearing him talk about Mira like that. I looked up before I took a step and saw Mira with the other officer shaking her head slightly. She looked worried and the last thing I wanted was to make her upset, so I stayed there and let the officer handle him.

He walked away from the patient for a second and approached the paramedic pulling him aside to talk to him. He returned a few minutes later and told the paramedic to take him away.

His partner returned and he waited with Mira as Officer Jacobs spoke to the doctor. He pulled out his hand cuffs and briefly explained the next steps once the patient was doing better and was ready for release. He followed the nurses going to the patient's room and read him his rights. Thank god they found him. This was one less thing we had to worry about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miranda's POV

Jordan took me home and I changed into a cute maroon sweater and black skinny jeans handing the officers my clothes from that night. 

It felt so good to be home but I knew it was going to feel better moving in with Jordan

It felt so good to be home but I knew it was going to feel better moving in with Jordan. I know what you're thinking though, Come on girl! You literally just met him the other day! But trust me if you knew him like I was beginning to, you would fall for him as hard as I was. Back off girls! He's taken!!

Jordan had come in and was helping me pack. I was living in a rented apartment and we got a note from the doctor so I could explain the situation. The landlord was sad that I was leaving but he said I could always come back whenever I wanted. My landlord was an older man and his wife and they were so sweet. I was really going to miss them.

It took us a few hours but when we finally finished packing I could feel the tears coming on. It was getting harder to hold them back and once the first tear fell, I couldn't stop them. Jordan noticed and came over and held me tight in a hug. We were silent but it felt so good to have someone there with me.

When I finally managed to calm down, he looked me in the eye.

"Hey, I know this is going to be hard, but I am here, I promise that I will always be by your side. We will get through this together and you don't have to worry about me leaving. I'm not going anywhere even when you want me to leave you alone." He said, and I laughed.

He dried my tears and helped me carry the last of my stuff out to the car. I took one last look at the empty apartment unit and pulled the door shut. This place had so many memories but I was about to make some new ones with the love of my life.