Getting Through This Together

Jordan's POV

I saw a worried look in her eyes and I was beginning to get scared.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked her, taking her hand to bring her over to sit.

"What I am about to tell you isn't going to be easy to hear babe and I don't want you to be upset." She started.

"I won't be upset babe, I promise, just tell me." I said, looking her in the eyes.

"Well the past few days I haven't been feeling well, and this morning I decided to take a pregnancy test...." she trailed off.

I braced myself for what I thought she was going to say next.

"I'm pregnant..." she said.

I closed my eyes wanting to believe it wasn't true. Don't get me wrong, I was happy for her, I just wanted it to be mine. I was going to raise this baby as mine no matter what, but there was a different feel raising another man's baby.

"Baby, I-"

"I know what you're going to say, it's not yours you don't want it. But this was never supposed to happen, I don't know what to do now." she said, cutting me off.

"Well that's not what I was going to say. I was going to say, I want to raise the baby with you. Sure it isn't mine, but when you're ready we will have our own children. What happened to you doesn't change my mind about you, and I'm certainly not going to leave you now that I know. I will make sure this baby knows unconditional love and raise it like it's my own." I finished.

Miranda's POV

"Aww babe, I know how hard this must be for you." I said, with tears forming in my eyes.

"What's going to happen now though? I mean how are we going to afford to take care of this baby with neither one of us working?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that, leave that to me." He said smiling at me.

"I'm going to book an appointment to go see the doctor babe, do you want to come?" I asked, smiling back.

"Of course! I want to see the little human you have inside of you!" he said, sounding excited, and putting his hand on my stomach carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Days Later......

Miranda's POV

"Miss. Summers, the doctor is ready to see you." the assistant called from behind the desk.

I took Jordan's hand in mine, and walked towards the room.

We were greeted by Doctor Mariah Jones and explained the situation to her.

"Can we see the baby?" Jordan asked.

"Sure, just let me set up the equipment." she said, walking over to prepare the ultrasound.

She came back shortly after with a cold gel that she told me was going to help to see the baby clearer. She said it wouldn't harm me and could easily be wiped off after. It felt cold on my stomach but I didn't mind.

I took Jordan's hand in mine and smiled over at him. He looked so happy to be here and the amount of support he was giving me I couldn't ever begin to thank him.

Doctor Jones was quiet for a few minutes and we could sense something was wrong. I looked at Jordan and his face matched the same worried look on mine.

I took a deep breath, "Doctor, what's wrong?" I asked.

"There is no easy way to say this and I don't know how you guys would take this news. But I'm sorry, Miranda you had a miscarriage."

In that moment I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry and I could tell Jordan didn't either. This was good news but it was also bad news. It meant that Jordan didn't have to raise someone else's baby but it also might have meant that I couldn't have kids. I just wanted to make Jordan happy and I knew he wanted kids one day down the road, I wanted to be able to make that wish come true for him. I wanted to be a mom too.

"Doctor, what does that mean for the future? Will I be able to have kids again?" I asked her, still holding onto Jordan's hand, my grip getting tighter.

"Well that depends." she started.