The Royal Treatment

Miranda's POV

"So this is your house? Of course it is, you're rich." I finally managed to let out after standing on the driveway gaping at the house in disbelief for 5 minutes.

"Eh, it was one of the places my parents owned before, they let me stay here once in a while. But now that I have to watch over you, we can stay here." he said, playfully nudging me.

I went around to the back of the car and started reaching for some of my stuff. I felt his hand at my arm and when I looked up he shook his head at me.

"I can't let you do that, I will give you the lighter bags and take the heavy ones myself." he said with a smile.

I stepped back as he looked for a few to give me. What a gentleman.

Once our hands were full we walked up the driveway to the door. I expected him to pull out a key, but instead he turned to me and said, "You want to see something cool?"

"Sure." I said, nodding my head.

He walked up to the door and stood there for a moment. He pushed a button and an iris scanner appeared. He got closer and a few seconds later the door opened!

I stood there amazed. Shh I know the simplest things fascinated me, but it really was amazing to see all this fancy technology and expensive stuff.

We walked inside and went up the stairs. The halls were really big, big enough to get lost in.

"My room is here," he said standing in front of his room, "and yours is right there." he continued, pointing to the room across from his.

"If you need anything, let me know." he said smiling.

He helped me unpack my stuff and didn't leave until he knew I was comfortable. After we finished I looked at the clock on the bedside drawer, it read 10:30 PM. It was late but I wasn't tired.

"Hungry? Can't sleep? What's wrong?" he asked, worriedly, standing at my doorway.

"No, I'm okay. I just can't sleep." I said, nervously.

I have no idea what I was so nervous about, this wasn't the first time I was around a guy, let alone had one in my room--no NOT what you're thinking.

"Neither can I." He replied.

"Want to go watch a movie?" he continued.

Jordan's POV

"Sure! Which one though?" she asked.

"Romance-Comedy? Action? Adventure?" I asked, listing a few options.

"I am always a sucker for Romance movies," she said.

"Great, I will take you to the theatre room, and you can choose a movie there." I said smiling, and reaching for her hand.

She took my hand and we started walking there, passing the kitchen along the way.

"A movie is never a movie without snacks!" I said.

"I'll get some snacks and meet you there," I continued.

"Just go down the hall, and make a left, then a right. It's there on the left." I instructed.

I made my way to the kitchen grabbing a few bags of chips and some candy. I grabbed some caramel popcorn, as well as some vanilla sodas and made my way over to the theatre careful not to drop anything.

Miranda's POV

Adventure time! This was going to be interesting trying not to get lost in this house

I made my way down the hall like he said, and made the left. I made a right after instead of a left like I was supposed to and ended up in a room that had awards and trophies. This must be where he kept his achievements.

I looked around taking the room in and noticed the shelves were lined with achievements; awards from soccer, trophies from car racing, subject awards, diplomas and certificates.

"Yeah my parents liked to keep every achievement from my childhood." he laughed nervously, with a hand at his neck, standing at the doorway.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I got lost, I'm not good with remembering directions, but this room just looks so amazing!" I said in astonishment.

"Yeah, that was a different time. I wish I could go back to then though you know. Back to when life was so much simpler and people actually liked me for me. But oh well." he said.

He looked so sad now and I couldn't help but think this was my fault.

"Well, you wouldn't have met me, and I'm here now." I said, going to hug him.

It felt so good to hug him, it felt like I was actually taking his pain away.

I helped him carry the snacks into the theater.

I went to look at my options, finally coming down to 3 possibilities; After, Dear John, and The Notebook

"Um......this one." I said, handing him the case with the movie in it.

He looked down and smiled, "This is my favourite."