23| no L's

If there was one thing about the OVO clan that no one could deny was that they knew how to throw a good party. Christmas had passed leaving an irritated Sophie with no choice but to return back home with Adonis. The interaction with Alexandria had went south seeing as she was nothing like Sophie had previously imagined. Not only did she not care about her status of being the mother of Drake's child. It was clear to everyone that Drake's and Alexandria's relationship wasn't going anywhere and had only strengthened over the Christmas holiday. That left Sophie unsure on whether or not the energy was right to make her next move. The last interaction had pushed Drake into a dark corner and forced his hand— and while she had no issues pushing him into that corner whenever she felt like it, she knew that this time it was different. Alexandria's presence made everything different.

Her slicks comments, constant nagging, graphic pictures and manipulative tactics no longer worked with him. He no longer felt the need to put up with her behavior and he made sure she knew that on the way back home. Drake didn't care about how Sophie felt towards him or whether or not she thought them being together was the perfect atmosphere for Adonis. What he did care about was the energy that was being displayed infront of his son and Alexandria. No matter how disrespected or unappreciated Sophie felt once Adonis was involved that energy was not supposed to be displayed around him. His son was always his main objective and he wanted to take pride in the fact that it might've not been the best situation or with the ideal role model mother but they still respected each other to co-parent efficiently. Alexandria on the other hand was a different story. While he had allowed the slick comments about himself and the women he had previously choose to entertain prior to her that Sophie had knowledge about, he didn't allow any disrespect about Alexandria. He knew whether or not Sophie agreed with to the conditions of his personal life that she would never leak information to the media outlets. Legally, he made sure of it. However he also knew that Sophie was a very stubborn and spiteful woman and while her tactics might not be able to work on him like before that didn't mean she was going to give up. He was certain that she would pull some silly antics in order to ruin his relationship but that was one thing he was going to make sure never happened. In his mind this was her last chance to prove to him that behind her infatuation towards him she was a good mother. Drake was tired of the back and forth within their relationship. It was time for them to build a proper relationship and the only way that could be developed was by implementing strict boundaries on their relationship. The instructions were quite simple— either they focused on developing and improving their co-parent relationship or he was going to raise Adonis by himself.

 The instructions were quite simple— either they focused on developing and improving their co-parent relationship or he was going to raise Adonis by himself

This was her first time attending one of Drake's signature OVO party. Every and I meant every one was there, even Klay. He was the first person she had spotted as she walked inside the club with her arm hooked with Noelle's and fingers secured tightly on her new Hermes Violet Porosus Birkin bag. There wasn't any animosity within their relationship. In fact they both found themselves talking and updating each other about what they had both been up to since the end of their situationship.