Chapter 8 - Evil Ghosts?

Annabeth's POV
Percy, Thalia, Jason, Piper, Nico, Leo, and I wondered aimlessly around for empty compartments but couldn't find any.

So we decided to ask someone if we could join. We found a compartment with only 4 people so I knocked and asked, "Do you mind if we sit here?"

A girl with bushy brown hair answered me. "Of course!" And so we all filed in and sat down.

I stuck out my hand and said, "Annabeth Chase."

The girl who answered said, "Hermione Granger." And shook my hand.

The boy with flaming red hair and freckles said, "Ron Weasley."

Another girl with the same hair color smiled and said, "Ginny Weasley. Ron's younger sister."

The boy in the corner had dark messy hair and emerald green eyes with round glasses. He disturbingly looked like Percy. Though when you looked closely they weren't anything alike.

"Harry Potter" He introduced himself.

Oh. So this was who we had to make friends with. And his friends too, just to seem more trustworthy.

Thalia was the first to respond. "Thalia, just Thalia."

I looked at Nico pointedly.

He groaned and muttered, "Nico Di Angelo."

"Piper McLean."

"Jason Grace."

"Leo Valdez. And I'm taken." Leo flashed a smile and I rolled my eyes along with Piper and Jason.

Percy stifled a laugh.

Percy gave a crooked smile and said,
"I'm Percy Jackson."

Oh how I loved that smile, it used to be irritating but I soon came to love it. I reached for his hand and our fingers interlocked.

Harry asked, "Are y'all new or something? Also are you guys foreign? I don't recognize the accent."

Jason replies saying, "Umm yeah, we're exchange students from America. We used to study at another wizardry school there. We'll be in 7th year. Except Nico, he's in 6th."

At this, Nico scowled to which Jason just chuckled.

"Oh that's cool." Hermione said. "We're also in 7th year except Ginny who's in 6th. We are here to redo our previous years because of, well... you know..."

I looked at my friends and they all wore the same expression. Confused.

"What happened last year?" Thalia and Leo asked.

"You don't know?" Ron exclaimed.

"Umm no? We weren't even here remember?" Percy said, his words were tinged with annoyance and sarcasm.

"Was it a giant who tore down the Earth and pooped trees? 'Cause that would be traumatizing." Leo rambled.

The 4 wizards looked at the Latino boy with a 'is this guy serious?" look.

Ginny was the first to answer to Leo's ridiculous suggestion.

"Ummm not really. But it's a creative thought." The girl said.

"Well then." Harry sighed. "You would be lucky."

Percy looked close to exploding. His eyebrows scrunched up in anger. "Excuse me?!"

Percy's POV
I couldn't believe this! This guy was acting like he suffered so much pain! I was used to the gods being like this but dude!

"Excuse me?!" My voice was deadly calm, stirring an uncomfortable silence for the others. Annabeth squeezed my hand.

"Yeah, it was a horrible war against Voldemort. The darkest wizard of all time." Hermione said sadly.

I relaxed slightly. Okay, so they also went through a war with the moldy dude.

Chiron told us! How could I have forgotten?! But I couldn't get mad, not now, it would blow our cover.

Annabeth looked relieved. Jason looked concerned as well as Piper. Thalia seemed to be fuming, like me. Nico and Leo looked bored.

"Oh okay, umm." I stuttered. "We also had a few wars." I looked away hiding my tears. Harry seemed to be doing the same thing. All the people that died. No, they died for ME. I could've saved them all.

As I turned to face them again, I regained my composer. Harry seemed to look like what I was feeling, sadness, exhaustion, and most of all, regret.

Annabeth looked at me and said, "είσαι καλά?"  (Are you okay?)

I answered, "όλα αυτά τα συναισθήματα, όλοι αυτοί οι θάνατοι, τα πράγματα που θα μπορούσα να είχα αποτρέψει..." Now we all held back tears. (All these feelings, all these deaths, the things I could have prevented...)

"δεν ήταν δικό σου λάθος, ήξεραν τι έκαναν." Thalia said softly, but even she was getting foggy eyes. (It was not your fault, they knew what they were doing.)

But before I could say anything Ginny asked, "What language are you lot talking in?"

I snapped out of my daze. "Ancient Greek. We also know Latin. It was mandatory at our school."

"That's brilliant." Exclaimed Ron.

"But what were you guys talking about? I didn't catch anything." Hermione asked.

"Oh umm." Annabeth hesitated.

"We'd rather not say." Thalia covered for her.

Harry apparently, didn't understand.
"Was it important?" He asked.

"Harry!" Ginny and Hermione scolded.
Harry was ignored her and now Ron looked interested too.

"Sorry but it's personal!!" Nico nearly shouted. He looked angry.

Harry backed off and continued staring out the window.

You could see that Harry knew how it felt to be pressured into talking to people.

Nico looked almost apologetic for shouting at him.

All of a sudden, the train starts shaking uncontrollably.

I pull out Riptide in pen form and ask, "What's going on?"

The wizards took out their wands. Annabeth has her hand in her dagger as well as Piper. Jason had his sword in coin form. Thalia held her bow and arrow which was cleverly disguised as a backpack. Nico looked like he could summon a demon if needed.

I saw Harry whisper, "What are they going do with a pen, coin, and backpack?"

Jason and Thalia flinched but I didn't care right now.

Suddenly, the temperature dropped and I looked at Nico. He shook his head. That's when I saw a black ghost looking creature opening our compartment for.

I heard Hermione whisper, "Dementors" and then it was a blur of screams and thuds.

Hello Demiwizards! Sorry for the cliffie! Comment if you like it and if you have any ideas!

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, FOLLOW.

If you dare...