Chapter 20 - Wait. Giants can be wizards?

Percy's POV
I froze.

Oh gods. Was that a giant?

No. It couldn't be. The shadow was too small. Only about 8 feet I think.

I couldn't quite see his face because of how dark it was.

He hadn't seen us yet.

I glanced at the others to see how they were holding up.

They all wore confused expressions and also seemed to be unable to move.
The giant whimpered and shot red sparks from his wand again.

Only then did I realize that giants don't whimper like that. And they certainly aren't capable of doing magic.
So who was this?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a low growl.
I whipped my head to the left to see my old friend.

Can you guess?
Yup. It was old beefhead himself.
I sighed and revealed myself.

"Hey old moose!" I called. "Nice to see you!"

The Minotaur turned away from the giant dude and fixed his beastly little eyes on me. He roared and charged at me probably remembering all the good times we had when I was 12.

I side stepped and the monster slammed into a thick tree near by.

I laughed. "Little rusty aren't we?"
Angrily, he ran and grabbed for me.
I quickly ran up the tree and pounced on his head.

He snorted and tried to reach his stubby arms upwards. Realizing that his arms were too short, he shook his head around effectively smashing me into a branch.

I felt sharp branches cut into my shoulder but managed to hang on his horns.Beefhead roared triumphantly and pounded his fists to his chest.

Ha. Stupid.

I took that moment and stabbed him in the back, hilt deep with riptide. Next thing I knew, I was standing in a pile of gold dust.

"Percy! You're bleeding." Annabeth touched my shoulder tenderly.

I winced and said, "I'll be fine."

Then, proceeded to walk towards the man behind the bushes who was still whimpering.

"Who are you?" I asked.
The man stood up and trembled, "Hagrid."

His voice was scruffy and deep. I examined him more closer and took in his features.

He had a stocky build and was very tall. He wore a brown leather jacket on top of a regular shirt topped off with leather pants and big hunter boots.

"Are you a wizard?" Annabeth questioned, suddenly curious as to who this was.

"Yer I am. I'm the 'ogwarts grounds keeper." He whispered.

I guess he was sorta intimidated by us because well, we came out of a deadly forest and I fought a Greek Monster.
Thalia looked at me. "Should I do it?"
I shook my head. If she manipulated the mist then it would probably cause confusion.