35

I woke up with the sun peeking through the window into my eyes.

This is the first time in a long time I think I've woken up rather peacefully.

I sat for a little bit, enjoying the privacy of my room until the nurse came in with some food.

"I never caught your name," I said to him.

"Harry," He smiled setting down the tray.

"Like from one direction," I smiled looking at the tray. On it was some oatmeal and fruit along with some yogurt. That's also the most nutritious breakfast I've eaten in a while.

"Yeah," He chuckled, "But I'd like to say I'm a better singer."

We laughed together. "Too bad they broke up," He added.

"What?" I gasped. I've been in society long enough that I should know that.

"How did you not know that?" He asked me laughing.

"I've been in a mental hospital for over two years and I was in a coma before that," I laughed, Not that it is an appropriate thing to laugh about.

He didn't say anything for a moment. 

"I know, quite a shock," I said, "I'm kinda wild," 

He smiled awkwardly. 

"Hey sorry for hitting on your friend by the way," He changed the subject.

"All good," I laughed.

"Doesn't he give you a gay vibe though?" He asked me with a smile.

"Definitely, other than the fact he's been trying to date me for the past three years tough," I laughed, "I could set you up though. Since I've gotten back I've found out a few of my friends are gay,"

He laughed. "Definitely," He said before walking out.

I pulled out my phone and checked all of my socials. Kian and Jc agreed to keep my whole been dying thing and getting a lung transplant on the DL so they should be the only people who know I'm here.

I ate as I scrolled through Instagram.

To my surprise, it hasn't gotten out yet. I mean people must have realized I was gone when I was. I know I posted a video but were people not curious before?  They must have played it off well. 

I mean what, I went missing the beginning of September 2013 and now it's October 2016. Crazy. 

I texted the guys to see where they were but no response. I decided to watch some Netflix considering that's all I do anyway. I decided to start that new show Stranger Things that everyone was talking about.

I finished two of the episodes before Kian and Jc texted me back. I have a good feeling they just recently woke up.

Kian texted me saying they were on their way and that the traffic was extra bad today. I'm guessing that's just an excuse for them being extremely late. I guess I can't call them late though, I never really told them to come or when to come.

Out of the blue, I got a text from Alexis.

A: Hey what are you up to?

R: nothing y?

A: I'm at your house. Let me in

R:  im not home

A: You said you werent doing anything

R: ya but im not home

A: Kian and Jc are here

R: no surprise

After that, she called me.

"Yes?" I asked

"What the hell? Why didn't you tell me?" She yelled into the phone making me go deaf, spiritually speaking.

"What do you mean," I said playing it off as if I wasn't in the hospital right now after getting new lungs.

"You bitch!" She yelled, "I'm coming with the guys to the hospital,"

"Alright. See you in an hour. You can lecture me more then," I replied before hanging up.

I didn't tell her because I didn't want to get her hopes up in case I reject the lung and die, ya know. 

I went back to watching the show while I patiently waited for my peeps to arrive. Yes, I called them my peeps. I didn't really want to categorize Kian as a friend and I don't even know what Jc is; my brother's best friend who is kinda really cool and cute?

Soon they arrived.

"Yo," I said as they walked in.

"Wassssuppp," Jc replied.

"Why the fuck did you not tell me you were getting new lungs?" Lex yelled at me.

"Well, I figured it'd be better off you didn't get your hopes up for when the lungs reject me and I die," I replied.

"When you reject the lungs," She corrected, "And that's not going to happen,"

"Whatever," I replied brushing off the topic, "Did y'all bring me anything?" I asked purposefully being annoying,

"We brought Uno," Kian said, "Does that count?"

"Only after I crush y'all," I smiled.

We played uno. for what felt like an eternity. 

At some point, I noticed Harry taking peeks into my room as he worked. Now, he was walking in. 

"Hey, Ray," He said as he came in picking up the clipboard at my bedside.

"Hey Harry," I replied with a smile looking at Jc.

Would it be weird if I set him and Connor up on a blind date? Is he even Connor's type? Whatever.

Harry offered me some food which I gladly accepted. As he left to bring me food Jc and Alexis decided to walk down to the cafeteria. 

"Was this staged?" I asked Kian. We never just hang out one-on-one unless he has something he needs to talk to me about.

"You caught me," He replied, "I just wanted to get a feel for what you're doing in life? You can stay with me as long as you need to get yourself above water, but I can't risk sinking with you," He said seriously. 

I didn't know that's how he thought about me. I get I'm a burden but could I really 'pull him underwater'?

"I get it," I replied trying to stay calm. Since I have the heart rate monitor, it's really easy to know how I'm feeling. 

"I mean, I just got out but once I'm like not dying, I'll try to do the youtube thing too, maybe get a part-time job so I can pay you back and then I don't know.." I trailed off. That's all I could really think of off the top of my head. I haven't really thought about it yet. I guess it's different than when I was 17 moving into the o2l house.

"That's a good start," Kian said as Harry walked in with a tray of something.

"Thanks, Harry," I said as he set down the tray.

He smiled and walked out of the room, of course not before turning and eyeing up Kian in the doorway. He shrugged his shoulders before walking out.

I looked at the tray, It was some kind of soup and some sad leaves of lettuce.

I waited till Lex and Jc came back before eating. They brought back a box of pizza that they shared with Kian. When I tried to grab a piece, Harry yelled at me from outside the room.