38

I woke up around nine and checked my phone. I had some new texts form Quentin which caught my eye.

Q: Hey Ray, You up?

Q: I talked to my boss and he wants you to come in and apply for the job

R: Fuck Yea!!! Thank you so much!

I then got up and took a super quick shower. I then brushed my teeth and changed into one of the nice-ish outfits Kian and Jc bought me. It was a simple pair of jeans and a  plain top.

I then blow-dried my hair and put on some light concealer.

I then went downstairs and ate some eggos before skating over to the cafe.

I texted Quentin before I left to let him know I was coming.

When I got there I realized I had no fucking clue what to do with my board. I decided upon throwing it into the bushes outside of the door before walking in.

Right away, I looked for Quentin.

"Hey," I said as I saw him.

I followed behind him as he gave a table their food.

"Hey," He replied, "So you're gonna have to fill out one of the application forms and wait a little bit while he goes over it and then she'll come to your table for an interview," 

Wow. This is real. I'm applying for my first job.

I followed him and again and then he handed me a form and a pen. I sat down at a table and started to fill it out.

First I filled the easy stuff like my name address, and education but then it got much harder. Like what am I supposed to put for employment history?

I decided to write personal assistant, for Kian. I wouldn't consider it lying, just bending the truth, ya know?

Once I finished bullshitting the form, I gave it to Quentin and sat back down at the table. 

I ordered a coffee while I waited. About twenty minutes later, the boss came out. I smiled and stood up from my chair. 

"Hi, I'm Ray," I said shaking her hand, "I'm so thankful for this opportunity,"

I was really being a kissass. 

"Nice to finally meet you, I'm Mallory. Quentin has said a lot of positive things about you," She replied as we sat down.

She then asked me what I do for fun and what else I do in my free time. 

I told her I do youtube on the side and tried to change the topic. I really don't do much with my life.

Obviously, there was no way of avoiding my criminal record but I really tried to emphasize how I had really changed myself and became a better person.

She then asked me about my surgery and I had to reassure her I'm completely 'healed' now.

After a little while, we were done with the interview. 

I stood up when she got up and thanked her again for the opportunity.

"You know what?" She said.

"What?" I asked.

"We're short staff today, the job pays minimum wage, if you want it, it's yours,"

Holy Fucking Shit! She just gave me the job on the spot? I'm pretty sure that's not normal,

"Wow," I replied, "Thank you so much. You wont regret it,"

She smiled. "Quentin can get you an apron and help show you what you'll be doing. Your shift will end at four. We can discuss hours and more afterward," 

I smiled and went to work.

I put my hair up as quentin got me an apron and a nametag. I wrote my name on the tag in sharpie and pined it to the apron before Quentin helped me tie it on. 

"Ya know, you're gonna have to be able to do this by yourself," He chuckled.

I just laughed along. 

All-day, I basically shadowed Quentin. at some point, he let me take a few orders and pour some cups of coffee. Oh, and he really let me clear tables and wipe them down.

The day felt like centuries but soon, it was four.

We went into the back and then clocked out. Mallory then walked in. 

"Good luck," Quentin whispered before walking out.

"Hey Ray, how was your first day?" Mallory asked.

"It was really good," I smiled. 

"Great," She replied matching my smile, "The opening shift usually starts at 4:30 and we open at 5 and we usually close at 7 pm so the last shift usually leaves by 7:30. I was hoping I could give you Monday through Wednesday evening shifts and Thursday through Saturday morning shifts, should be pretty easy. Paychecks come on the 28 of every month," She continued.

"Sounds great," I smiled, "Again, thank you so much for this opportunity," 

"All right, have a good night," She replied. 

"And you," I said before walking out the back. I sat there for a minute and but my new work hours into my phone.

I then had to walk around the front to grab my board from the bushes. I put in my earbuds and listened to some blink-182 as I skated home.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get back home.

When I got inside, I rinsed my face and grabbed the camera Jenn got me for my birthday this year.

I decided It would be fun to film a video as I made dinner.

"Hey guys its Ray, and today, I'm going to be making dinner," I said, "I'm going to try to make gnocchi," I said and got started.

Making the pasta and sauce took a few hours. For the video, I then had Kian and Jc try it and give their opinions.

Afterward, I ate and edited the video. By the time I posted it, it was almost 7:30.

I then took a shower and went downstairs to see what the guys were up to. 

"Yo," I said walking down and plopping onto the couch next to them.

They were playing rocket league. I sat with them and played for a little while.

"Oh did I tell you guys, I had my first day of work today," I smiled.

"Seriously?" Kian asked. 

"Yeah, I get paid minimum wage now at the cafe down the street," I added.

The guys congratulated me with a 'toast'. Really, we just wanted a reason to drink some beer. 

I stopped after 2 cans of budlight knowing I had to work once again tomorrow. Luckily, it was Friday so I'll have off on Sunday.

Soon, it got late so I hopped in the shower and got ready for bed.

I texted Quentin thanking him again before plugging in my phone and going to bed.